Help identifying a few bikes please!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwards30

Reaction score
I have a few bikes and I know most are just typical chinese bikes but I would like to share them with you guys and hopefully get a little more info about them.

This first one I will share with you I was told is a Pitster Pro but I am not sure. It has a Mikuni carb and the "cc" stamp is scraped off. The bottom end is black and the head/jug are silver with some of the fins shaved off to fit the carb. I haven't had any luck starting it. When kicking it over sometimes it feels like maybe the kicker is stripping since the crank doesn't actually turn. I am thinking it doesn't start maybe because valves are out of sync? Has spark and I have used starting fluid to try it.

Thanks guys.

This link should show the bike, let me know if it does not.
http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/bryceedwards30/library/

B58DD791-6E1A-4AE8-AB6E-875B1F6EE950-11586-000003EDD9A52C04_zps0a5dbefd.jpg

2947E924-4E4C-4563-8B8F-0985ECBD64F6-11586-000003EDEB112542_zps5016da9a.jpg

0686B0A5-A770-4DD8-BAC3-4DE450D63F1B-11586-000003EDDF6FCC8A_zps77aebc1a.jpg

852CD4A2-A57D-4F3D-86C7-BA0C9578EEB7-11586-000003EDF384D45D_zps4275454c.jpg

not sure what bike it is myself but it may have a mechanism which stops the kick start from turning over the engine while the clutch is in. So try adjusting the clutch at the lever a little, by screwing the adjuster in. Put the bike in gear and roll it with the clutch in and there should be no or very little resistance felt.

Oh and welcome to miniriders by the way.

not sure what bike it is myself but it may have a mechanism which stops the kick start from turning over the engine while the clutch is in. So try adjusting the clutch at the lever a little, by screwing the adjuster in. Put the bike in gear and roll it with the clutch in and there should be no or very little resistance felt.

Oh and welcome to miniriders by the way.

Thank you for the reply, the symptom of it not turning the crank and still having the kickstart rotate is not related to any other thing because it only happens about 1 out of 5 times. The whole time I have been trying to start it I have been trying so in neutral.

Allright then, with mine even if I'm in neutral and clutch in it won't work, just a thought anyway.
So does the kick starter turn it over fine and then just release (move freely) and then come good again?
If you got a hill or some rope and another vehicle then you could roll start, or even get a mate to give ya push.

I guess the just of it is that it will kick it over just fine but once in awhile when I go kick it over the kicker will turn and feel like it's stripping something almost. Kind of like the same sensation when you round off a bolt. The crank will not move when this occurrence happens. I guess this is my secondary concern because first I would love to just get it starts.

I added more photos of 3 more bikes. Anyone have any ideas on them?

welcome to miniriders,

my 1st Atomik pit bike had the Ducar 125 like yours, i had the same kickstart problem.
sometimes it felt like there was nothing happening when kicking it over.
i ended up putting it down to something on the kickstart shaft not returning properly,
maybe one of the splines that the gears ran on, were worn,
or the return spring had lost its' tension a bit.

so it's not running,
do you have a decent spark when it does kick over?
have you replaced the spark plug?

i can see in your pics it has an inner rotor fitted, sometimes these aren't very reliable.
most of the time you are better off using a standard type ignition system, or an outer rotor kit.

but, with the wiring on the inner rotor, i can see its connected up,
i can't see a green wire going to earth on the frame anywhere?
there should be another green coming out of the loom up near where the cdi wiring joins it, with a ring terminal on it.
this wire needs to go to an earth point on the frame.

if you can find a screw hole somewhere,
grab a piece of automotive wire, strip the 2x ends back a bit,
crimp a small ring terminal to one end, and then screw it down firmly to a bare metal spot on the frame somewhere.
then, join the other end of the wire to the negative wire, that's going to the ignition coil.

another thing to try,
swap the 2x wires around on the coil, sometimes they need to be powered the opposite way to the way they are coloured. (rare problem)

and lastly,
does it have a kill switch fitted to it?
if it does, disconnect it and try starting the bike,
sometimes if they are faulty and have shorted out internally, they wont let the bike start up

Thanks for your reply.
I do have a decent blue spark when kicking it over and are you saying this motor looks like a Ducar 125? My most concerning thing is just to get the bike to start first, then worry about the kick starting issue. I went over the wiring harness and made sure to ground the harness. There is no kill switch wired at all. I am thinking of checking valves tomorrow to see if thats the problem. When I plug the spark plug hole with my finger it feels to have decent compression.

welcome to miniriders,

my 1st Atomik pit bike had the Ducar 125 like yours, i had the same kickstart problem.
sometimes it felt like there was nothing happening when kicking it over.
i ended up putting it down to something on the kickstart shaft not returning properly,
maybe one of the splines that the gears ran on, were worn,
or the return spring had lost its' tension a bit.

so it's not running,
do you have a decent spark when it does kick over?
have you replaced the spark plug?

i can see in your pics it has an inner rotor fitted, sometimes these aren't very reliable.
most of the time you are better off using a standard type ignition system, or an outer rotor kit.

but, with the wiring on the inner rotor, i can see its connected up,
i can't see a green wire going to earth on the frame anywhere?
there should be another green coming out of the loom up near where the cdi wiring joins it, with a ring terminal on it.
this wire needs to go to an earth point on the frame.

if you can find a screw hole somewhere,
grab a piece of automotive wire, strip the 2x ends back a bit,
crimp a small ring terminal to one end, and then screw it down firmly to a bare metal spot on the frame somewhere.
then, join the other end of the wire to the negative wire, that's going to the ignition coil.

another thing to try,
swap the 2x wires around on the coil, sometimes they need to be powered the opposite way to the way they are coloured. (rare problem)

and lastly,
does it have a kill switch fitted to it?
if it does, disconnect it and try starting the bike,
sometimes if they are faulty and have shorted out internally, they wont let the bike start up

have you checked the carby is all clean, inside and out?
inside the jets can block up with gum etc, dried up fuel and will make it not run.

even if you try undoing the drain in the bottom of the carbys' fuel bowl,
and let some fuel come through , drain it into a can or container, see if any dirt etc comes out.

I cleaned the carb yesterday and found out the pilot jet was clogged. When putting it back together and hooking up gas I did notice some leaking fuel. I don't think that could be too much of a factor because I was using "carb cleaner" to spray into the carb to get it started. Carb cleaner is just as good for starting as starting fluid for initial start right? I bought starting fluid just to be safe.

yeah it will fire with carby cleaner, dont flood it though.
when the pilot jet was out, did you spray cleaner through the ports on the air filter side of the carby?
and also when all cleaned, did you blow it through/out with compressed air?

I don't have an air compressor but I was sure to clean everything with carb cleaner and run a bristle from a broom through each jet. I also checked to make sure the needle seated well by manually blowing through and moving the float.

Latest posts

Back