Help if you can

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper rider 16

Reaction score
Hey all just got a new/2nd hand bike YAY!. Pit por 140

But just starting it today it was pretty hesitant to start, i got it to go,

but when i roll back throttle it splutters at high revs
bit of smoke from the exhaust
the engine breather at the back of the engine let out a it of oil
and then when i let go of the throttle it drops in revs and then shuts off

P.S i did check oil its brand new and its not blowing the limit on the dipstick.

If you could help that would be awesome

IMG_0092.jpg

Last edited:
Simple one to start off with have u checked the spark plug in it mate cause it sounds like it could be on its way out so a new one might be the way to go, hopefully it could be it for you cause the simplier and cheaper the better. We just had a similiar problem with one a my mates race bikes and it from what it sounds like it could be that. good luck champ

if the above doesn't work, try checking your valve clearances and make sure your carby is tuned properly.

nice bike change the spark plug theres a china to aus conversion chart on here somewere

i mite put better spark plug and all in engine spewed a bit of oil out the rear breather tube yesterday im just like how the efff did that happen

A bit of smoke puffing from the exhaust ... oil spewing out of the rear breather ... Sounds like crank case pressure as a result of blowby caused by poor ring seal ... ie ring end gaps too big or possibly even the rings having been fitted with the wrong end gap staggering ...

First off check your valve clearances to ensure that the valves are seating . I take it you've already checked the oil level on the dipstick to eliminate an over filled crank case as the problem ? ...

You can try adding a top valve cover with an extra breather hose coming off it ... that will stop the oil spewing but most likely not the puff of smoke out of the pipe ... Bad valve stem oil seals will puff white smoke out on start up but it disappears after a few minutes ... bad ring seal causes white smoke at higher revs or under load ... and on throttle back off ...

Latest posts

Back