help me and my dad =D

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayto

Reaction score
Hey guys

I wanna get a small pit bike or thumpsta or whatever but i dont want to make a bad decission in getting a dodgy one like i did with my RC car. I was thinking of spending up to $1000 bucks on a decent second had one in good condition. my dad thinks I will get ripped and if i buy a motorbike it wont start or anything if i buy one, because of bad experiences with rc cars.

My dad thinks that a motorbike for $1000 or so will be a rip of heap of junk.. i think its because my whole family cycles and our pushbikes are worth more than alotta motorbikes lol (i still dono how that works, a pushbike worth like $5000 but some motorbikes r like $600) but yeah,

does anyone have experience with nitro rc cars and motobikes and can someone tell me that motorbikes are less hassle of starting ect?

yeah so should i try and buy a good quility second hand bike for under 1000 bucks or buy a new one. cheers.

Try find a second hand Crf50 might be a bit smaller than alot of pit bikes but will start first time everytime

the aint as quick but you will have no trouble with it

good luck dude

hey mate
i also have nitro rc cars and a collection of bikes big and little,so i can understand your hesistation as nitro cars can be hard to start for the inexperienced,however for a $1000 dollars, if you shop around possibly even ebay you should be able to find a new pitpro which arent a bad bike to start off on.They are a nice looking bike relatively easy to get parts for and they are pretty durable which is a good thing as we all drop them sometimes happy hunting and keep us informed

mate throw us a email and we will help you out, you will be able to have one of our 125cc bikes shipped for less than $1000, and it comes with a 30 day warranty.
The Fused Minis Team

with all due respect fused minis 125cc arnt the crashest bikes out there... id be looking towards pitpro

cheers for the replies guys i will look into all suggestions n stuff

hey mate most pit bikes bikes are good even chinese 1s i have a china and the only thing i HAD to do was the piston rings which cost me $30 but wit a grand you could buy a decent second hand bike of even a new pit bike.
and thay are worth it:D

PITPRO 125RR

there you go mate that is a link to brians shop (east 50s) he is a sponser of this site and a great guy to deal with.its a brand new 125 pitpro what more could you ask for for under a grand hope that helps

Crazzy our bikes are the same spec as pitpro and dhz bikes, which you have raved about in past posts, so then why are our bike not "the crashest" when they are almost identitical, come with a 30 day warranty and are cheaper???

The Fused Minis Team

my main concern is that if i buy a bike, in the rank of a pitpro/fused or whatever I dont want it to not start and break without even crashing. does that happen alot or not?

id be saving your money mate and getting a jap bike. If your looking for a mini then a honda crf50 or yamaha ttr50 they will atleast last you. If you buy a china bike it will be alrite to learn on but after 3 - 6 months when you start doing bigger jumps and riding it harder things will be falling off everywhere. dont make the mistake i did mate

id be saving your money mate and getting a jap bike. If your looking for a mini then a honda crf50 or yamaha ttr50 they will atleast last you. If you buy a china bike it will be alrite to learn on but after 3 - 6 months when you start doing bigger jumps and riding it harder things will be falling off everywhere. dont make the mistake i did mate

cheers for that comment, yer the one think i really dont want is to be continuousley spending cash on new parts and getting it fixed maby I will wait and try and find a good deal on a well knows brand like you mentioned and try grab a decent second hand one or something... I've got $2000 saved but im not gunna blow it all atm.. maby my parents can help me out at christmans. Hmmm, then again I wont be riding very oftern or very hard so i duno! aaah

Spose they all get hard to start if they arent looked after. making sure valve clearance is done etc always helps. My atomik was always hard to satrt since i got it but after cleaning the carb and doing valve clearance , u just kick it and it idle perfect :)

heres just a few options not knowing where u are BUT im sure u can use this as a guide
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-CRF50-Motorbike_W0QQitemZ320317446232QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycles?hash=item320317446232&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

the other end of the spectrum
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2004-Honda-CRF50-Loads-of-Extras-Big-Spent_W0QQitemZ330285667496QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycles?hash=item330285667496&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

and yes older ones goe cheaper :) this is just a guide maybe if you would like something built stronger than a china :)

id be saving your money mate and getting a jap bike. If ...blablabla...
:mad: what a crap comment...jap bikes break too if you don´t maintain them!!

BTW..clayto, do you have any experience with motocross bikes ??
First I would try one for a weekend before spending cash....if you really like to bike , spare your money and get a good one or try to get a good used KLX and build it up to your Ideas;) ...my 2 cents

We are yet to hear of a problem with one of our bikes, as we said before the bikes come with a 30 day warranty to help calm any concerns you have. Check out the link to our myspace for pics.

Latest posts

Back