help me out plz cant identify engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semza1

Reaction score
hey i would be extatic if anyone in here can tell me what im riding engine no 1p54fh1 124cc thanx

yeah i no laptops lagging heaps i was hoping cactus jack could help me out its got ddr stamped on the engine case and cdi on the head plz help

Its either a lifan or a lifan knockoff. Being a DDR i would say knockoff due to the general poor quality of their bikes (in my experiance anyway)

Yeah it's hard to tell ... if you posted a pic of it ... that would help ...

sorry no webcam or camera

not near home atm so no cam cheers eny way only found this site yesterday and learned heaps allready site rox cheers

Where is the clutch lever located ? Up the front or at the rear ? ... and do the valve adjustment caps screw in or have 2 bolts on each ?

up front

up front pulls up and ithink 2 bolts any ideas cheers cactus

If it has oval shaped chrome badges on the clutch and flywheel covers ... then it's a black Lifan 125 ... and it most likely has a 54 mm bore x 54 mm stroke (123.67 cc) ... But they can also have Lifan or DDR cast into them ...

They look like the older Zongshen 124 engines only with a Lifan BVH fitted ... The countershaft sprocket shaft will be 20 mm instead of 17 mm ...

If you're really lucky you might have a 54 mm bore x 55.5 stroke (127.1 cc) ... but if your countershaft measures 20 mm then I doubt it ...

Google Image Result for http://www.kdfsport.com.au/images/ENG-LF125.jpg

looks tha same but it says tha lifan engine is oil cooled mine is air and my clutchcover is black engine number slightly different too my gears go N1234

Ha Ha ... ALL engines are oil cooled ... To verify that fact , drain your sump and go for a thrash ...

I can't find any Lifan engine that has 54 in the engine number ... so I'd say they must be slapped together cheaply in a remote factory somewhere on the out skirts of the Industrial area of China ...

http://www.lifan.com/en/product_class.asp?parentid=855&id=888

Maybe it's a Ducar ? ... Who knows ... At one point there were a lot of weird engines being produced ... ie Lifan "138's" which only had a 54 mm bore turning a 120 into a 127 yet being flogged off as a "138" ... The 138 was only centre punched onto the cylinder barrel instead of the usual casting on the 120/124/140 etc ... It seems to me that Western importers were behind all sorts of intercept scams to make their engines appear to be something special in order to boost sales ...

This is what a Loncin 120 looks like ...

120LONCIN.jpg

120LONCIN4.jpg

120LONCIN1.jpg

Black Lifan 125 ...

78ae_1.jpg

give that loncin a plain head and a cast cylinder, and it would be mine...and is it just me or do all loncins have those "small" clutch covers?

put those lifan covers on it, and it will be the "ducar" that mattbombers sold me.... lifan spells lifan, not ducar.... grrr, i didnt want a lifan exactly....not when the ducar has the bvh...

Our Loncin 120 looks just like the one pictured ... the iron cylinder with the horizontal fins will be cooled better and will be stronger ... vertical fins are designed for an upright cylinder ... they are shrouded against the airflow in a horizontal position ... You only need to look at an air cooled Ducati to see that ... even Honda and other Jap horizontasl have horizontal finning ...

Latest posts

Back