Help me please convince my parents!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchy125

Reaction score
hey everyone, i want everyones help on miniriders to give me some reason why my mum & dad should let me buy a motorbike with my own money and they think ill hurt myself i do bmx i have more chance hurting myself doing bmx other than riding a motorbike so please help me convince my parents i will be showing them the reasons why i should so please help

do you have a legal place to ride the motorbike? do you have the right gear to be riding? Helmet, Gloves, Boots etc? Are you prepared to spend the $ on maintaining it? do you have the know how on maintenance? parents are normally in the know and have their reasons, maybe you have done something stupid in the past!? maybe they have had bad experiances in their past!?

its not a matter of 'convincing them' its a matter of showing them you are responisble enough to own one. Go out get the right gear, go buy a decent tool kit clean up the garage/shed and make a specific spot to work on the future bike, show them you are resonsible and are going to do the right thing by them.

If they are saying No, there is going to be a legit reason behind it. there ALWAYS is.

i just told my parents its a guy thing all my mates got them i will be responsible and considerate around streets and wear my protective gear ahha then they said yes and also bmx is alot more painful stacking out of pipe eg a gooch drop that killllllsssssss

i just told my parents its a guy thing all my mates got them i will be responsible and considerate around streets and wear my protective gear ahha then they said yes and also bmx is alot more painful stacking out of pipe eg a gooch drop that killllllsssssss

meh, in that case, i hope you get pulled over and recieve a HUGE fine, they confiscate your bike and crush it in front of you.

this was pretty much the exact same story as mine. i was not allowed a motorbike and so after years of wanting i just bought one. But i also bought the right riding gear, trailer and found LEGAL places to ride.
after this my dad was impressed that i did it the right way and now he takes me places :)

ask your parents to write a list of reasons/issues that they have about owning a motorbike.
then find yourself a solution to each issue and get back to them.

i agree with foolsp33d only consider getting one if you have a legal place to ride and you have ALL safety gear.

Motorbikes are over rated, plus they aint cool any more..... polo is where it's at these days

Motorbikes are over rated, plus they aint cool any more..... polo is where it's at these days

meh POLO ,been there done that ,all the real action is sand sculpting

this 1 time at the beach i made a castle soooooo big i had to use 2 BUCKETS of sand

^^^ bahahahahaha, but HOW can I convince my parents to let my buy a shovel and bucket!!??? Then the "Where do i get sunscreen from? is 30+ ok for my skin!?" questions will start up...

the new 'it' is spelling bee competitions.. but I cant see 3/4 of the members here even passing on the word spelling, speeling, speling, spling, yada yada yada....

^^^ bahahahahaha, but HOW can I convince my parents to let my buy a shovel and bucket!!???

They should buy u a shovel and a bucket for u if u really want one unless they have read the Matthew Wales biography because his idea of using a shovel wasnt for building sand castles as his parents found out.

Lol, you know the most random information I_thump :) I like it.. lol.

they did buy me a shovel.. but its used to pick up the doggy doo... i dont think i wana build castles in the sand with it...

ah well..

Am off to drink copious amounts of JD and see if them pokie machines want to give me my deposit back lol..

Have a good night all :D

lol?

what a waist of a thread

Yeah i know but its not like we have a limit on the amount of threads this site can handle so we just make a bit of fun out of it and have a laugh.

Fools I suspect the only machine that will pay out for you tonight will be the ATM machine :p

Yeah i know but its not like we have a limit on the amount of threads this site can handle so we just make a bit of fun out of it and have a laugh.

Fools I suspect the only machine that will pay out for you tonight will be the ATM machine :p

so true so true, and whast better way to make use of well... a pointless thread than just make it random chit chat! guess the worst thing about doin that is converstaions that get carried from one to another.. although we DO have the power to merge the thread into the general chit chat topic... up to you I thump..

and right again there.. $100 spat out of the ATM, $100 swallowed by them nasty nasty machines :(

gar When will I learn!! lol

Fools I'm not trying to rub it in but I was at the pub this arvo when a mate of mine took $600 from one machine just after he finished telling me about the $1000 he won the night before at the same pub. Cheap bastard only shouted one round after that :mad:

Some people have all the luck :(

oh as for merging the thread I just moved it to general chat coz after all thats probably where it should have been in the first place.

Last edited:
My parents were indeed, just like yours. They're very pre-cautious. They said no to me getting one. I done my research, rang up a few LEGAL and local tracks and to check when there session are on. I even came on here and had a few tips and advice before I bought one.

A few days after my holiday I went out without my mum and dad knowing, paid for the bike and the kit WITH my OWN money. I then went home and a few days later I had a guy from our motorbike shop knock on the door and my father answered the door. He then seen the bike and he we are!

He was pleased that I had done all of this by myself and handled it in such a good manner without hassling them and here I am today. With a bike, great parents who will drive me to local tracks and everything.

Just do what you need to do buddy.

My parents were indeed, just like yours. They're very pre-cautious. They said no to me getting one. I done my research, rang up a few LEGAL and local tracks and to check when there session are on. I even came on here and had a few tips and advice before I bought one.

A few days after my holiday I went out without my mum and dad knowing, paid for the bike and the kit WITH my OWN money. I then went home and a few days later I had a guy from our motorbike shop knock on the door and my father answered the door. He then seen the bike and he we are!

He was pleased that I had done all of this by myself and handled it in such a good manner without hassling them and here I am today. With a bike, great parents who will drive me to local tracks and everything.

Just do what you need to do buddy.

Dont mean to be a party pooper but.... im 100% against that idea.

I for one still live with my parents,im 16 and wouldnt even consider buying a bike without my parents knowing. EVEN if i had all the money

Its not only about the money but its also about if you infact have anyroom to put it? etc etc

Tell your parents your buying first. Dont go do it yourself

and your like 12 arent ya? i HIGHLY douby you done what you wrote in that comment

I have a garage and it's been mine for a year. My 26 year old brother went with me to buy the bike.

Latest posts

Back