Help Please. Bike Wont Start. Tried Everything

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irvo125

Reaction score
Live in the NE suburbs of adelaide. love my pitty,
Hey people. thanks in advance.
We this is what went down.....

I was riding last weekend. when the coil bracket broke and the coil touched the head of the motor. it instantly turned of and came to a stop. I then bolted the coil back on and it wouldn't start. i have heard a few answers fom people about what it may be. this is what i have done to it so far.

• Replaced the coil on it to a new one. still does not start
    replaced the cdi on the bike. still does not start
    replaced the spark plug. still doesnt start
    replaced the irk on it. still doesnt start
    replaced the kill switch on it as well but it does not start.

i have spent a lot of money so far on parts to get this girl working but no luck. if someone knows what this is can they please let me know. thanks alot guys. this one has me stumped for sure.

Have you checked to see if it's sparking at the plug ?????? And did you make sure the new coil was earthed properly ... Whenever you fit an IRK you should check it with an inductive pickup power timing light to see where it's firing at and IF it's firing ... I've had problems with brand new 10 mm spark plugs ... If they are tightened up too hard the porcelain insulator can easily crack allowing the spark to jump across deep inside the threaded section ... plus they can simply be manufactured wrong ... I bought a whole box of dud brand new NGK C7HSA plugs that had me tearing my hair out trying to work out what was wrong ... I found out it was the plugs when I tested a brand new NGK car plug in the bikes ignition lead and it had a strong spark ... Then I tested the bike plugs in a running cars lead and all were no good except 2 of 'em ...

Last edited:
ill have a check for spark. i guess just a feel for it would be sufficient. they done spark to hard. but i believe the coil is earthed correct. not sure how to check it though. i just bolted it on. and made sure the earth wire was clipped onto it

yeh make sure there are at least 2 solid earthing point

put a screw driver into the plug cap...then bridge it to your exhaust and get someone to check for spark

doing it at night is easiest

or take the plug out still connected to the lead kick it over and watch for spark...plug needs to be touching metal

maybe just maybe a wire has come loose at your stator so no spark for you...

its just a guess... its happened to 2 of my bikes and ive done what you did and just wasted time and money finding out its the stator wires snapped or just loose...

Hey Fellas, Sorry its been a delayed reply. i had no internet for a while due to the ISP going down.

I have done a spark check by placing the plug in the lead and holding it against the exhaust pipe. it has a spark but it seams faint. I put my finger against the spark and it didnt put out much of a bite. Not sure if thats important but thought i would mention it. Still cant start the bastard and its starting to push me to the limit now. I kick it and try to push start it. it just dies when rolling down the hill. spewing. any help would be great.

I put my finger against the spark and it didnt put out much of a bite. Not sure if thats important but thought i would mention it.

Usually if u put your finger on it it should give a bit of a shock or enough of a shock to make u not wanna try doin that again lol.

my call is the stator, because i had exactly the same problem so check the stator/magneto...

Latest posts

Back