Help Please, Fast Idle, not running proberly???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1998

Reaction score
Hi all. Just replaced piston and rings. Bike will not idle (runs fast), and misses like a b*itch when riding. Have pulled it apart and placed gasket goop on just about every thing. Manifolds the lot. I'm thinking the carb is screwed, but really don't know what I'm looking at. I was thinking of replacing the carb as a last resort. Its an Atomik YX150 and was wondering what would be a good direct replacement carb. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is starting to get the better of me !!!

Cheers

Sounds like your pretty clued on with bikes mate, but usually its the simple things that we miss have you tried the old wd40 around the carbie and manifold to check for leaks, also remove your fuel bowl n flush your carby blowing out your jets with compressed air? If your carbi is shot mate, my vote goes to a 26mm oko great little carbi and easy to tune plus there's a heap of threads on here to help you with any issues you may have with it! :)

also make sure each mating surface is flat.... if its anything like mine it could be warped from overtightening and so i have had to sandpaper them on a flat surface to get them a little straighter and ran two gaskets

how fast is it idling?
what sort of carby are you using too?

i would try and avoid using gasket goop on any of the intake side too, it can cause all sorts of problems.
are you using the copper exhaust crush gasket between the head and the exhaust header pipe?
and have you set the valve clearances properly too?

Last edited:
What about your timing? Is your timing chain setup in the right position

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back