help!!! please:)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mintard

Reaction score
I got my new wheels, but I can't get the break disks off my old 1s, I've tried everything I can think of to get them off... but can't.

Does anyone know how I can get them off?? Or just get new 1s...

Cheers. :)

if they are decent bolts and you have some gooooood tools then just pure muscle :D twist and twist and twist just watch out for skining your knuckle ;) but yeh if that doesnt work yeh my next opiton would be some WD-40 squirt alot of that around the bolts and let it drain in.. yeh the HEAT :D

You can drill the bolts/screws out and just buy some new bolts. This might be your best option if you have chewed the heads on the bolts out.

Have you measured the size of the bolt spacings to see if the old discs fit the new wheels? If they are different you could be wasting your time.

tried WD40, got gooooooood tools and muscle didn't work (and I'm NOT weak) and yes they are the right size...

1/2 drive breaker bar, cheaterbar, single hex socket and a couple of mates to hold the wheel while ya swing off the bar

damn good idea...why didnt i think of that after using it for the same job about a week ago:confused:

ok, you guys are confusing...

what's holding the disk on is a phillips head screw...

awesome... dont have 1 lol

my dad probably does, but my dad lives 3 hours away...

oh....bugger. errr got a phillips head screwdriver and a pair of vice grips?
If not ya might have to go down to supercheap and buy a impact driver

tried vice grips... didn't work LOL

yeah I think I'm gonna have to get 1... or convince my dad 2 come 2 adelaide :)

oh....bugger. errr got a phillips head screwdriver and a pair of vice grips?
If not ya might have to go down to supercheap and buy a impact driver

Are brake disc held on with Phillips head screws?????

lol sounds like the biggest pos to me.

I rekon the only way will be the impact driver. the ONLY WAY

or if i crack da s**ts and go out and get new 1s... I don't really want to though...

depending on what size you could use a small easy out, they are like a bolt with large left hand threads on them and a square end for easy leverage, ass u do is drill a hole slightly smaller that the easy out bit and put it in they are tapered so they should go in and yeh just start turning the end with a shifter and it comes out works everytime, although if u don't have them u will need to go to a hardware store anyway so may as well just get a impact driver

depending on what size you could use a small easy out, they are like a bolt with large left hand threads on them and a square end for easy leverage, ass u do is drill a hole slightly smaller that the easy out bit and put it in they are tapered so they should go in and yeh just start turning the end with a shifter and it comes out works everytime, although if u don't have them u will need to go to a hardware store anyway so may as well just get a impact driver

Latest posts

Back