HELP threaded bolt on rear disc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniper

Reaction score
I was locktighting all my bolts on my reign 150cc,then i started on the rear wheel hub bolts then flipped it over to the disc brake side and when i was tightening one of the bolts up i must have whent too far and it has threadded the hub thread.

There are 4 bolts on the disc brake disc altogether but my question is can i just have the three bolts and forget about the one with the threadded hole?Or will it cause me problems?

for safety i wouldn't recommend it, if it only needed 3 bolts then there would only be 3..

i suggest you get it heli-coiled if the thread is rooted

x2 for the heli-coil. Last thing you want to fail is brakes cos it will be when you really need them

Drill and tap it to a slightly large size... This may mean you have to mod the disc (and every disc you put on in future), but it'll work a treat :)

Thanks for the responses.I might try and make a bigger hole and thread.

for safety i wouldn't recommend it, if it only needed 3 bolts then there would only be 3..

i suggest you get it heli-coiled if the thread is rooted

by far the best and easiest fix

U need to go somewhere that does bolts and fixings and take the bolt from the disk brake and tell the u want the same bolt but make sure it's long enough to go through the hub so u can get a nut on behind it the get 4bolts 4ny-locks and 8 spring washers the just drill out the thread from the hub bolt it up and it will work fine

Id probs get a new hub or buy a 2nd hand rim off somebody on the site but cheapest and safest solution would be the heli coil like most people said.

Latest posts

Back