Help, when the choke is on the bike stalls

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vic1616

Reaction score
hey guys, my bike has had this weird thing ever since i bought it, that it only starts with the choke lever down, and runs perfectly when its down, but when i put the lever all the way up you can feel the idling go WAY down and the bike pretty much stalls.

why does this happen, isnt it that when the lever is up thats when the choke is ON and its suppost to be idling perfectly, i find it the complete opposite, i always ride with it always down, but when its all the way up it pretty much idles really softly then just dies on me

why is this?

what bike and carby is this on mate?can you post a pic?the choke should only be used to start the bike and idle it for 30seconds or so and then be taken off,if you try ride the bike with the choke on and the bike is hot your starving it of air and relying on the engine just to run on fuel which will cause it to slowly stall as you said.

cheers,
rhys.

yes, i know when the choke is up it dies, i dont ride it with it on, it just dies right when i put the choke ON, it runs and stuff when the lever is down (off), but i dont understand why having the choke lever up it dies...

what bike and carby is this on mate?can you post a pic?the choke should only be used to start the bike and idle it for 30seconds or so and then be taken off,if you try ride the bike with the choke on and the bike is hot your starving it of air and relying on the engine just to run on fuel which will cause it to slowly stall as you said.

cheers,
rhys.

hey, this is my bike

Attachments

• dirtbike.jpg
    dirtbike.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 8
like i said your starving a hot engine from oxygen with the choke on and relying on it to try and just run of petrol.why are you putting the choke on when its running and is hot?

like i said your starving a hot engine from oxygen with the choke on and relying on it to try and just run of petrol.why are you putting the choke on when its running and is hot?

thats only if the choke is off, if anything the bike should be running fine with the choke on as it is taking more air in, but it just dies when i flick the lever up

youve got it wrong mate,a choke is designed to minimise the amount of air taken in when cold so that the petrol can ignite easier,when you turn the choke off air flows like normal through ya carby and into the engine helping to burn the fuel cleaner and more efficiently and produce more power.

cheers,
rhys.

Latest posts

Back