Help wiring, and RM or pitbike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muksy

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Can you please tell me how to wire up a coil pack if anyone know's how?
Ive have been hanging to go for a ride, the other one kept coming off the spark plug. Its just a cheap china pit bike.

Thanks

Ohh!...and im looking to get a new bike, an rm85 or a decent pit bike like a MSO or something...Whats your opinion?

Last edited:
well its simple, 2 wires, usually green and black.

green = ground to the chassis or it may have a wire from the cdi unit.
black = active wire which also comes from the cdi.

the rm or mso are both good, my opinion:
rm85 =
a faster bike,
bigger wheeled.
better suspension.
is jap made.
engine wont last as long as a pitbike engine being a 2banger.
rebuilds are your friend!

thanks Dabomb

which bike will be more fun, i will be riding on weekends more on open fields and tracks...how much faster is the rm85 i no its 2-stroke so its got powerband...how much does a rebuild cost for an rm85?
And pit bike parts a cheaper, if i get a MSO i will be looking to do some mods on it..

thanks

ye th rm would be quite a bit faster cause of its big wheels and the fact its a 2banger, not sure how much tho.
a ruff estimate for a new piston and rings maybe a new barrel, it be any where from 100 up?
yes the pitbike parts are cheaper, which means more mods for ur money, where as the rm would cost significantly more to modify, japanese parts...
its all up to you, if you want a 4stroke mini or a midsized 2stroke.

thanks for your help...i mite go with the rm maybe a 2004 model..i will probably buy another pitty afterwards

the rm will whip the ass off any pitbike ive seen just spends if you want a motocross bike or pitboss

Latest posts

Back