Help with 140cc PitPro (ithink?)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaffa86

Reaction score
Hey I am new to whole mini bike scene.

I have the following bike see pic! Think its a PitPro but has a cool looking frame. Its 140cc with what I believe is a 26mm mikuni carb.

I unsure if its just bad fuel but often it will splutter down and towards the top of 3rd and into 4th.. I unsure if this is anything to do with carb or cdi?

Any clues?

Also, the CDI on ebay are they any good?

What is the best power upgrade for the bike in terms of hp and torque.

Will a bigger carb achieve much or am I best off getting a stroker kit?

Last edited:
looks like a DHZ, if you're unsure if it's bad fuel why not put fresh stuff in?

I have put in fresh fuel and oil. The guy I bought it from hadnt used it in 4 months and the bike does look like new as well. Maybe my carby needs tuning? Does anyone use good bike mechanics on the Gold Coast. I have been going to 50's HQ but there mechanic isnt in house and can take time!

take it for a good ride cause sometimes it just needs a good go

Still doing it think it may be a carburettor issue. My bike seems to run the same whether the choke is on or not.

Can anyone tell me whats the carby settings should be?

Also just to confirm this is a DHZ 140 monster right? year model anyone?

year model would be an 08 id say early

as for your problems can you fix carbies" ie clean them

id say its gummed up clean it with a clean fuel ,pull down there are carbie pull down tuts hear just use the search button

there a good bike with a good frame ,how much you get it for?

also try a new plug ,,as for mods as in h/p well you need head work can see the point tho really

just drop an irk in it will rev faster spool up quicker ,dhz has all the bits youll need

so id pull carbie apart and clean it and put new plug in

noone can tell you what the settings should be, it's different for all bikes

Bullshit , peopel can and should share their jetting specs. I don't know why more don't , I've had to jet all my bikes of basically stuff I've found on planet mini's. You can use other people's jettings specs and slightly tweak it if they run the same carb at the same sea level. JD jetting kits , you can buy these and they tell you the perfect jetting combination with the right jets/needles.

Mate , these bike run crappy molket carb's. Preety leaky carb's which can cause them to run like dogs. Try these generic settings:

Fuel Screw: 1 1/2 - 2 turns from out
Needle: Centre slot.

Try searching around on the net to get right sized main's etc but these carb's are hardly worth the tune. I got a genuine Kitaco mikuni carb kit (24mm) that would work really well with your set up , ported manifold , 2 genuine uni filters , perfectly jetted etc...

Thanks for your help everyone will try cleaning the carb etc and see how we go!

I got a genuine Kitaco mikuni carb kit (24mm) that would work really well with your set up , ported manifold , 2 genuine uni filters , perfectly jetted etc...

Unit how much you want for this carby im very interested

Found the problem the rubber spacer from my carby to inlet manifold was crack hence at lower revs sucking too much air...

Latest posts

Back