help with bore kit!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puzey125

Reaction score
hi guys i bought a 146cc (150cc) bore kit for my bike and i went on all fine and now thats its all bak together it will not kick ova the kick start is like jamed but when i take the front plate off with the 4 for long bolts conected that holds it all on it will be able to kick ova... plz help!!!

OK ... First thing ... If your engine is a Lifan , the kit will make it 141 cc ... Did you get the kit from Pitster_pro on ebay ? ... IF so then it should have a standard type head gasket to suit a 57 mm bore ... which is one problem out of the way ...

When you hooked the cam chain back up ... the "T" mark on the flywheel should have been lined up with the TDC indexing notch on the LHS crank case ... THEN with the crank held in that position ... the timing mark on the cam sprocket should have been lined up with the indexing mark on the head which is dead centred at the top of the head (towards the FRONT of the motor) ... The rockers should have been riding on the heel (base circle) of the cam when the sprocket was put back on ... which means that both valves should have been closed with rocker to valve stem clearance and the noses/toes/peaks of both cam lobes would have been pointing at angles towards the combustion chamber/cylinder ...

IF you haven't done it that way and you've tried to kick 'er over ... then unfortunately ... you've bugger'd 'er up mate ...

Latest posts

Back