help with brand new cini cxz175

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streeter

Reaction score
ok guys so i finally have a brand spanking new cxz 175 sitting in my shed :action-smiley-035:

i have taken the time to carefully put it together and lock tight the whole bike, check the spokes, oil lines and all of the other things on the check list i even changed the oil before i started the motor up for a warm up and so far so good...

i do have a few things i need help with though..

1. the suspension how do i set any of it up to my rider weight of 100kg?

2. the oko 28mm flat side that is fitted to the motor needs to be tuned before i go racing off into the sunset as it its got a flat spot and is hard to get idling where do i start?

3. whats the best run in procedure for this bike?

4. are there any other things i need to look out for or be carfull of as i really dont want to be pushing the bike home after its first run out the bush.

Hey mate. Well done on your new bike and taking the time to do it all properly. I have a few things here that may help you out a little.

1. suspension set up.
WP Suspension Setup

2. Carbie tuning. I personally have not had much luck with the 28mm OKO.
http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/23986-those-about-rock-buying-oko-flatslides.html

3. When I run my engines in I ride them reasonably hard without over revving them.
I use my gears to slow it down rather then the brakes.
I ride for 10 minute intervals giving it a chance to totally cool down between each run. I do that about 4 times. Im yet to have any major engine melt downs.

4. Your head stem bearings will settle and need re tightening. Keep an eye on your tyre pressures. Low tyre pressures with a 100kg rider on it will result in tyres rolling off the rim and flat tyres a plenty.
I check my valve clearances I check regularly.After every weekend of rididng or a race meeting. Some bikes very rarely need adjusting and some need adjusting often.
I use plenty of grease on the wheel bearings and be careful not to over tighten the axle. It puts too much resistance on the bearings and they will seize and leave you stranded.

Hope this all helps and good luck on your new bike.

wow thanks heaps thats very help full any way of showing me how to do the valve clearences

you have helped heaps thanks again mate

Back