help with engine identifacation

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakkxgoldsakkx

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals
Ihave two engines wich i think are the same . im wondering if i kan gets rebuild parts for them before i pull them down as theye are both running fine at the moment just a freshen up would be good. the first one is a bse brand with a 140 cc engine number..... 1P56FMJ 08601612 THIS BARREL HAS GONGYU stamped on it. is that the engine brand or just sum other marking. the second engine number is 1P56FMJ07122604 with no other markings on the barrel Except 140 CC. Hope sum one can help .the second engine is in what i believe is a bbr copy frame as the exhaust runs thru the sub frame .thanks in advance

Last edited:
do you have any pics, so we can work it out?
some of the early YX motors had the same number 1P56FMJ as the Lifan 150's

The barrel with gongyu on it you will find is an alloy barrel which would make it a yx140. Normally on the alloy barrel on the side without cooling fins there should be a cc rating? So the other engine also says 140 but does not have gongyu??, but is it an alloy barrel(silver) or a cast barrel(black), it must be an alloy barrel also as the lifan 140 would read 1p55fmj with a cast barrel and the lifan 150 would read 1p56fmj with an alloy barrel. But if they both have 140 and they both have alloy(silver) barrels and read 1p56fmj then they must be YX140 motors.
Hope this helps.
This is a yx 140
140yx_1.jpg

140yx_2.jpg

does the first motor BSE with the 140 engine number have 140cc on the barrel?

here is an early YX149 with gongyu 0n the barrel but it's a 150 too
http://www.dirt-bike-store.com/Engi...an_easy_to_operate__-shop_view-1937-673.html#
do both motors have the same style exhaust ports?

i'm not sure if this is just a Lifan thing,
but black barrels dont always mean that they're cast iron, i have a bare alloy barrel 1P56FMJ, and 2x black alloy barreled 1P56FMJ's
all are lifan 150's, but then they all have 150cm3 on the barrels too.

here is an early YX149 with gongyu 0n the barrel but it's a 150 too

i'm not sure if this is just a Lifan thing,
but black barrels dont always mean that they're cast iron, i have a bare alloy barrel 1P56FMJ, and 2x black alloy barreled 1P56FMJ's
all are lifan 150's, but then they all have 150cm3 on the barrels too.

True, i have seen the black alloy barrels a couple of times, and like you said craig only in the lifan so far. Even this link here http://www.pitbikeshop.it/Motori-completi-MOTORE-YX-150-1P56.1.8.12.gp.532.-1.uw.aspx its of a yx150(147.70) and has the same bore and stroke as the 149 you linked, so is the 149 the same as the 150(147.7) as they say its not a rank as the 150 yx(or is that the klx style yx?). Its all quite confusing at times and like the 155z being tagged a 160ho with the same displacement at 155.7 between the 155 and 160.

Hi guys thanks for the replys . the gongyu 140 looks just like the picture. the other one is fairly close to that it has a blk barrel but its alloy as bets i kan tell the magnet didnt stick to either of them . so by the looks both of these are yx 140 cc. the only difference is that the one on the bse frame has a 5 pin connector running to the cdi and the other one has n 8 pin. is there any reason for this or could i cahnge the 8pin back to 5 pin ???

yeah you can swap another stator plate into the one with the 8 pin stator setup.

that engine with the 8 pin cdi wiring, may have an outer rotor kit in it? lighter flywheel etc etc,
may even be a daytona style adjustable timing stator?
only thing is these usually require a Lifan 150 type wiring loom, and the matching CDI unit
here is a pic of the outer rotor setup-

1outerrotor.jpg

if you find you have the small flywheel and stator plate and want to use it, you'll need the cdi and loom, there are some on ebay,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180702282597?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160980381404#ht_1781wt_1163

Latest posts

Back