Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wassaby

Reaction score
Hey guys new here. Just bought a Thump star 125cc big wheel motor bike and was going to change the oil for the first time. Silly me went straight into it and undid the wrong bolt and a long spring and shaft with several holes come out. Anybody able to help me. I managed to put the shaft and spring back in but not came to start it in case i put it in the wrong way.

nah no pics but would it matter if it went in the wrong way.

anyone got a parts list and i can show you, Would it matter if i started it u reckon?

you should be right as long as you put it all back together the way it feel out, but i would be taking the fly wheel off and removing the side of the case to insure that the pin is located or the arm correctly.

You Should be able to just screw it back in. The way i see it is the spring expands pushing the rod up onto the tensioning arm which pushes the sprocket down onto the chain giving it tension..

thats my theory anyway...lol

anyone else?

the spring is there to always keep tension on the pushrod, when the engine is running oil pressure puts more pressure on it..

as long as the rod goes in the right way you should be fine... there is a rubber button on one end that end goes in first then the spring then the bolt and alloy washer...

Yeah i just put all the bits in the way they came out, The only thing im not sure about is if those wholes where meant to line up with anything.

Ok maybe i should un do it and just make sure i got the shaft in the right way and kick it over and hope its all good.

also is the sump bolt, is it the big one next to the one i undid.

Ok maybe i should un do it and just make sure i got the shaft in the right way and kick it over and hope its all good.

Take your cam cover off with the bolt out and feel the tension, put the rod back in and compare it...you should know straight away if it is in properly or not.

as for the holes, i would think they are for oil flow/lubrication?

ok al good started up fine. Thanks heaps for your help, would shout ya a carton if ya leaved near me. Also how much oil do these motors hold around 800ml??

Latest posts

Back