help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas

Reaction score
hey rookie here i was wondering how often do you have to change your oil on 125 atomik nitrous and how exactly you do it and could you list tools i need to buy everything thanks :)

Hey mate... I change mine every 3-5 hours of riding or so.... Some people change it every ride, some people leave it a bit longer.... depends how hard you ride too I guess...

Its super easy to do... take out your dip stick, and just undo the bolt head at the bottom of the engine, there will be a hole in the bash plate for access... all you need is a spanner.
Make sure you tilt the bike over on each side to get all the oil out...

Then replace the bolt and fill up the bike with about 800ml of 4 stroke bike oil. All done.

Ok and how often do I need to replace oil filter and how much is that oil?

OK, my oil filter is a metal mesh one, so I just clean it everytime I do the oil... Just bathe it in some petrol and give it a good scrub...
Not sure on your bike though, if its a paper one and needs replacing rather than cleaning.

As for the oil, I get the stuff from super cheap auto... I think its $30 or $40 bucks for 5L but you can buy it in 1L.
My brother in law just uses normal car oil and recons it is fine... I heard that with the wet clutch its not recommended though, so I just stick to the proper 4 Stroke bike oil...

Orite and what time of oil mate? Like not brand but they say 10-30 10-40 10-50 ??

Also mate where can you pick up a metal oil filter from??and how much?? cause it would be cheaper than buying a plastic one often

Get castrol activ 4t I think it's 15-40w and your 125 engine won't have an oil filter it's got an oil slinger so no need to worry bout it

Ok mate so what will I need to do with the oil slinger? Just take it out aswell and soak in petrol? So pretty much to keep my matiance up I change oil lock and tighten bolts and I'll probably do this after every ride or 2nd ride is that all I have to do?

look at the stickys here that all have the answers to your questions

1 of the numpetys can direct you to it im sure .. as i dont like to search on this forum ,, coz it has to many adds and popups

Ok so what I listed above is that right after every ride or so I change oil tighten bolts clean oil slinger that it?

Mate you don't need to clean your oil slinger often or you will be spend $100' on gaskets as for servicing I'd change oil every 4-5 rides depending how you ride it clean air filter and re oil every ride check bolts wash bike oil chain check valve clearances and you should be sweet

could you post a link on how to clean air filter and how to oil chain cheers?

Clean air filter- bucket + some petrol soak it in done oil chain lift the back wheel of the ground wipe the chain down with rag then drip oil on the chain as you spin the back wheel till its completely coated

please dont use petrol to clean air filters... its been said hundreds of times on here..

it destroys them... and not just the glue that holds them on rubber flange either, it degrades the foam big time which of course results in bad air cleaning...

purchase the correct products to clean your air filter or use hot soapy water (truck wash is good) then air dry the filter..

i have heard petrol does do that but one says petrol and one says hot water hahhaha anyone share?
thanks mini biker and shaun legends :)

Yeah that's funny cause I use Petrol as well. lol Get's them so bloody clean very quickly and dries really quickly as well.

But Sean is definately right, you are much better of using proper cleaner of some form. K& N make a really good one I will invest in.

Only reason I use petrol is cause they only get 1 clean then I put a new one anyway.

Latest posts

Back