hey fella's i got a question..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridef0rlife

Reaction score
did or have any of you left school to get an apprenticeship i just finished grade 11, and i just wanna get out of school,i KNOW i will be getting an apprenticeship after grade 12 anyways.

so tell us how it went for you? do you regret it?

i myself do not see the point, the education system has been destroyed there was a time when everyone was dropping year 10 to get a trade! these days a piece of paper with a percentile on it means more! ive got a HSC certificate but i believe without a UAI its no better then a year 10 certificate... i waisted away two years when i could have been on the job learning and earning

all depends what you plan to do in the long run really.
if you plan to pick up a trade and really stick to it, then start up a trade

what you need to think is
what happens if things turn around on your work
or the need for that trade drops.

If you have your full schooling under you, you know you can go and pick up an office job or something in that category no probs rather then someone who dropped out in year 10.

my 10c

now with a down turn in the world economics a trade my be a bad idea
the first thing to suffer is construction and the rest follows suit

i been self employed for over 20 yrs i been thro a resesion and the good times

now at this point in time a trade will be lackluster ,by the end of nxt yr ther will be bugger all work in the construction industry ,so only skilled tradeys will find work but we will suffer in the back pocket as there will be pleanty of compation

if i were you id stick to school and get that bit of paper ,there the easyest days of your life dont be in a hurry to grow up mate it aint all its cracked up to be

zac will be sticking to school and then join the airforce ,always pleanty of work in the armed forces

ohokayy. well thanks guys i looked for apprenticeships on the net, seems hard to find but il keep looking, but il probly end up going back to school anyways =\

now with a down turn in the world economics a trade my be a bad idea
the first thing to suffer is construction and the rest follows suit

i been self employed for over 20 yrs i been thro a resesion and the good times

now at this point in time a trade will be lackluster ,by the end of nxt yr ther will be bugger all work in the construction industry ,so only skilled tradeys will find work but we will suffer in the back pocket as there will be pleanty of compation

if i were you id stick to school and get that bit of paper ,there the easyest days of your life dont be in a hurry to grow up mate it aint all its cracked up to be

zac will be sticking to school and then join the airforce ,always pleanty of work in the armed forces
btw do you know if JONO left school or? what

If you know your getting an apprenticeship at the end of yr 12 stay and do it cause most people these days wont even look at you unless you have done a pre apprenticeship even megt and places like frontline tell you to do a pre app (electrical anyway). so save yourself the trouble of doing the pre app and stay at school, as snitchy said they are the easiest days of your life, if i could i would gladly go back to year 12 and do it all again, lol

hey mate, i'm in the same boat as you.

Ive been doing pre-appreno's in automotive and metals and engineering at tafe through school...late last year applied with a couple of mines, went through to the interview stage and both of them pretty much said to come back after I have finished the courses...such a waste of fuel >.<

but yeah now i have decided to stick it out and finish year 12, take it easy and have some fun! and then to try again with the mines or the army haha.

anyways thats my experience, good luck with your decision bro!!

hey man

at tafe i started electrotechnology in year 11 then picked up metals and engineering in year 12 so i had done 2 trades at tafe.

i finished year 12 and got a electrical apprenticeship at onesteel.

year 11 and 12 were golden years as you are top of the skool and everyones turning 18.

so it turned out well!

Latest posts

Back