HIACE SET UPS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruggs

Reaction score
Just did a quick search and couldn't find anything but I was after pics of people's HIACE set ups for tieing there bikes down.
Doesn't matter what model hiace but anyone with new shape hiace pics please post!

Thanks

hmm dont think I have a pic but my hiace came from factory with tie downs, 2 front and two rear. designed for MX!!

all these newy kids get the vans wooded & carpeted, so i would think the old tie down points are long gone haha

There both sweet vans but I'd still go the hiace... You can't drink a 1.25 ltr bottle or longneck without sticking it out an open window in the iload lol n the usable space is more workable in the back of a new hiace compared to the iload if your looking at mounting anything on the walls or ceiling. Re sale is obviously gonna be better on the hiace n it is a proven brand iv driven both vans both new all round Australia def go the hiace for the bit extra. As for tie downs both vans come factory with shackle type mounts tapped in through the floor if there is a floor in the van u can always find them from underneath usually six points in the new hiace to work with..

Haha still no pics ??? Well, maybe one day. As for the Hiace/Iload argument, I bought a new Iload, and love it. I find there is plenty of room in the front, and all the features that you want in a modern vehicle. The Hiace's have nothing. Add to that, to buy a Hiace new is an absolute rip off for what you get. Way overpriced, which is why all the second hand ones are so expensive. Once you drive both, and are buying one with your own money, the Iload wins hands down.

The rear end of the I load is too rounded and makes loading some items a pain as the bottom and top of the rear is narrow.
Re sale on the Toyota will always be much better than the Iload.
If your buying it to keep forever the Iload would be good value but if you plan on selling the Toyota is the go.

I was only worried about loading bikes, and for that its sweet. And for what I paid for a brand new Iload, I aint gonna be dropping too much coin if I go to sell it. All the second hand Iloads I saw for sale were as overpriced as the second hand Hiace's. Both seem to hold their value well.

plus its a hyundai... my missus getz just keeps goin and she has given it hell... the things just dont die. or so her mechanic reckons.... so if you look after em they will last a long time...

Last edited:
Im all for the hiace. I had a 92 model. Dropped 18s big stereo comy as hell. Loved it.
I bought a brand new hiace, before delivery i had it bagged on 20s stereo, tv/dvd. Linexed all the back end so it could be hosed out easily perspex sealed box over subs an amps so they didnt get wet/damaged. 3" exhuast hiflowed turbo wound up diesle pum and tuned sounded like a truck ( could do rolln coal runs in it) but only got to drive it for 2 days before it was sold to a guy in vic after my bike accident. Had to pay for medical **** insted, hell devo aswell and old pc died so i got no pics. Get a hiace you wont regret it

Ok swap point taken but seriously try drinking a longneck while driving lol u cant get through half a bottle without sticking it out the window ... Priorities =]

Ok swap point taken but seriously try drinking a longneck while driving lol u cant get through half a bottle without sticking it out the window ... Priorities =]

Haha Patrick, not that much of a bogan to drink tallies !!!

:boink: :boink:

:welcome:

dont tell fibs swap i seen you drinking vb tallies in the back of ya van on sunday thats why you crashed and broke your leg lol

:cheeky-smiley-031::cheeky-smiley-031:

:D

Haha, yeah but I took my boots off, so it was all legit !!

:alc:

I own a hiace already wasn't asking bout buying an iload, already know about the tie down points was just looking at other options that people have done.

Latest posts

Back