HID Conversion?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same as you mate moto 125
but i wanted to use headlights like ont he sachs madass coz they use china motors too
i need to do research on the alternator system but they run twin h3 55w headlights so i thought it would be possible to run a similar setup on our bikes

hey mate
is that first part a question or a statement... not being a smart ass just wanted to know...
from my understanding ... they are electric start if its a question you as asking

i thought they used one form of generalise chinese motor?
you are saying that the madass motor is unique in such a way that it has a big enough alternator to support the headlights?
also what does alternator have to do with electric start or not?
and which after market motors have a large enough alternator to support such headlight?im looking for an engine swap and this would be a big factor

alot of questions so thanks for any help anyone can provide
=)

same as you mate moto 125
but i wanted to use headlights like ont he sachs madass coz they use china motors too
i need to do research on the alternator system but they run twin h3 55w headlights so i thought it would be possible to run a similar setup on our bikes

A RX125?

or you have a Jialing 125?

should be easy to run incandescent globes on it no probs.

i thought they used one form of generalise chinese motor?
you are saying that the madass motor is unique in such a way that it has a big enough alternator to support the headlights?
also what does alternator have to do with electric start or not?
and which after market motors have a large enough alternator to support such headlight?im looking for an engine swap and this would be a big factor

=)

The engines with the electric start have a big flywheel with strong magnets and lots of copper in the windings. The cases are also slightly different. I don't know for sure if they're a higher output than the non electric start bikes, but I think they would be. Any of the full size flywheel setups is gonna make more current than an ORK.

i think it's easy and not expensive to fit a hid on pit bike.
first change your inner rotor (It d better be DC) Lifan125 Jialing 125 they have the DC inner rotor to replace i think. you must get high quality constant voltage regulator this is very important because pit bike is not car especially in idle.i know some regulators can adjust to 11v to protect the battery(most of regulator use the low V "9V" running in fact it's harmful for your batter) many chinese guys fit HID on motorcycles.very cheap.some HID sets are easy to fit and no any other modification for your former light just take off your original light.i have this pic not sure if this is useful for somehidconnect.jpg

u dont need to run wires to the battery, take the power straight from the existing high and low beam positives and ground or used the existing negative wire.

interesting topic... always wanted to try these, but too poor...:p

h4 globe...pretty standard for bigger road bikes...try a wreckers and fitting a new headlight entirely. :cool:

and can see you need to change something, cus the beam you have is pointing way too low.Ive tried doing the H4 conversion to a postie once, next to impossible.... lot of design in a headlight reflector so the light goes where its wanted. change the position of the light source, ruin everything

the HID are the way to go... 3.5k lumen output compared to 1k from standard halogens... while using 35W compared to the 55/60W of halogens.(90/100 even...) in a range of standard fittings...

um...LED technology. amazing. luxeons are very very bright.still only 120 lumens...BUT you need a regulated 3V power supply. heatsinking...big heatsinks... etc. and the light output isnt the same as a regular globe, so need a customised lens, especially where ADR and Hi/Lo beams are required... so for now, keep LEDs in the grow room where they belong...:D

h4 is a good size to fit to the RX headlight assembly.

the light on the RX does point low, gunna make up some brackets to extend the bottem mounts out so it levers it towards the sky.

You will find that the HIDs pull more current than a 55w incandescent on startup and about the same current while running, the claimed 35watt is a lie.

Leds are **** for headlights as they are bright to look at, but lack range of how far the light travels.

Latest posts

Back