High Rev CDI

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cranga

Reaction score
Hi, im interested in this High rev CDI Unit, claimed to allow the engine to rev to 12,000 revs. Has anyone had any honest experience with units similar to these? How do the little 125cc's handle 12,000 rpm?
f3_1_b.jpg

I know that they are labled like the usual crap from china but could possibly be a cheap mod?

Cheers,

only the little XR's and CRF's and Z50's have a rev limiter out of the factory, putting one of these on a 125 china engine (dunno about the 50/70cc china ones i think they are limited) wont make a bit of difference since they dont have a limiter, just a waste of $60

unless you go for a computer controlled unit, but then its not cheap. but you wont get more revs just better timing apparently, but no point without getting a good coil too so thats an extra 50 bucks

Bugger, i thought they were limited to 9000 - 9500 by the stock CDI? Ahh well, is there a location where i purchase a better quality coil? Cheers,

well i run one of these and i did feel the differance it changed the torque curve it is deffanatly better mid to high range but my bike is not very standard.

i had my bike on the tacho, reved out at 11thou on a thumpstar cdi

Dabomb said:
i had my bike on the tacho, reved out at 11thou on a thumpstar cdi

Was it a correct reading? i know that tacho's can be out by a fair bit depending on what setting you have them on.

Latest posts

Back