High Temp paint for Exhaust?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyboyz

Reaction score
Has any one ever tried this? i was thinking of using some black high temp spray paint to enhance the look of a really bad looking exhaust. Just wondering if any one has tried this or if its a no no ? any info or thoughts would be great.

awesome! this exhaust shall live again.... with out looking like crap.

haha, lemme guess, u sprayed it with water wen it was still hot? i did the same thing to my atomik.... but yeh make sure u use 800+ paint, otherwise, as stated above it will flake off after a while.

the other option is harder but yeilds good results.
sand down with 240 and work your way up through the gradients up to 1200 wet and dry and then metal polish.

another option could be to wrap the exhaust in high temp exhaust wrapping. I did it to mine and it works great and is super durable

All very good options. I did think about wrapping it, does that do much to the temp of the exhaust? ive had it get me a few times and melt a few things before. haha

^^ great idea as it also stops you burning your leg ^^ the only drama is the cheap exhaust wrap holds moisture and rusts the pipe.

you need some thing like i had on my hill climb car:
its a made by DEI and its a carbon/kevlar waterproof heat wrap

cool think im sold on the wrap. I'll look for some good quality waterproof stuff this weekend and post some pics once its all finished.

wakey is your exhaust stainless steel ?
if you rub back chrome and polish it, if you don't keep doing it regularly it will keep rusting.

if you paint it make sure you have it bead blasted or lightly sand blasted first.
otherwise the paint wont grip too well
i painted the exhaust on the Orion and it lasted well, used VHT exhaust paint.
then i wrapped it with thermotec heat wrap.

the exhaust on the PW50 has been sand blasted and painted with VHT paint too, then wrapped in heat wrap.

i sand blasted my IT200 expansion chamber a couple of years ago too and painted it, i used Duplicolor exhaust paint on it.
first time i started it after letting it dry for a week, all the paint near the head bubbled and eventually come off, the rest of the expansion chamber is still good though.

none of the high temp wrap i used is waterproof, never had it cause any problem either.

The wrapping that I used was pretty cheap and off ebay so I doubt that it's waterproof so I sprayed the pipe with high temp paint before applying to give it a waterproof layer

another option could be to wrap the exhaust in high temp exhaust wrapping. I did it to mine and it works great and is super durable

I recently did mine, it's already torn to pieces and falling off. This may have someting to do with how i ride and how many times I fall off :p also i think the first tear came from washing it with a pressure washer. Works good : Yes Durable : Not at all :(

Latest posts

Back