Higher pound spring for linkage???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styv_Loosekid_21

Reaction score
Hay all,

After properly delving into jumps and whoops on the weekend the next big thing to me on my bike is either a full suspension tune of the rear and front shockers OR FIRST before I blow my pocket out, find a higher pound spring to suit the standard shock in the LXR's

Currently they run a 320LB spring so I was thing maybe..... 450-500lbs might help me before I pay a lot of dosh for tuning. Was also thinking the elka linkage spring but can't find specs on what pound they are

Let me know if you have come across any options I can look at?

don't the LXR's have adjustable pull rods on the linkage ? or is that just an option ?
they can be adjusted adjusted to stiffen the ride

Not sure just wants in the compression and rebound dial. But still needs to be stiffer even when compression is on hardest option

they say the stock spring is a 300lb, or a 320lb thats suitable for riders up to about 100kg

need tuneing as well styv

it will be a waste if you change the spring and cant get the rebound to suit.... it will also boot you off the bike if it's to fast

Nicks Elka on his LXR is awesome. Im sure he would trade for a dnm or something lol

if you have any spring makers near where you live, they may be able to retension it to make it harder?
or remake a heavier duty one as per your sample ?
we have a couple of places in SA that do it.

otherwise, maybe start saving for the $425+ Elka ?

yea well thats about next ay... if i get heavier duty spring rebound isnt the problem at the moment thats fine its the softness in the spring..

speaking to the suspension tech thats over from NZ to teach me a couple new forks on pushies he said it might be just an added shim on the shim stack to restrict the flow of oil abit would would help a great deal.

otherwise it might be an elka option

kosta got his dnm tuned

he said the shaft in the shock is a larger od than any standard seal
and yeah they need to be shimmed properly for sure $100 it should cost ya plus the price of a spring
guys like BLS or krooze tune should be able to get you a decent spring and tell ya what rate will suit you also

Yes what Cooly said. Get it tuned and you will be good to go. Similar to what Harry did.

Latest posts

Back