hmmm... power bomb??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
hey guys and girls
thoughts on power bombs?
im thinking of putting one on my new exhaust im getting
how do i get a hold of the actual power bomb piece?
and is it really worth it?
cheers

most of the ones i've seen, come as a header pipe kit, like the kits FMF sell.
already fitted, and bought for a specific model bike.
you can get Mega bombs from FMF too, a bigger version
there are also other companys that make them.

you could always ask brendo his opinion, you would have seen his on the 190 LXR

i could make you one if you want, give me the dimensions o/d of your pipe, and what length you need.

a couple of Mega Bomb pics, a cutaway pic-

ATTACH=CONFIG]8838[/ATTACH]

and another Mega Bomb fitted on a pit bike (pic from off the net)

1megabomba.jpg

Attachments

• 1powerbomb.jpg
    1powerbomb.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 28
well i was hoping brendo saw this thread lol
yeah saw bredo looks nice as
the od i think its 30mm do you have that right tools and will you be able to colour match to the pipe?
so i think the piece is a dull chrome finish
if brendo lets us know what length his is at i guess mine would be a tad smaller
Price? $15?? or 25 inc post??
I like the look of the mega bomb.. would it be easier for you to make?
fmf_1822-0070.jpg

^^ that would be just a reference pic as i prob wont need it to be that big lol
I love the welding colour on them
Im not too fussed if its either one
But if its not going to work dont worry

the pipe im getting (its in the mail): http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4185

the genuine FMF ones are satin finish Stainless Steel, and are TIG welded.
i only have a Mig, so would need to be filed/linished back to look smooth.

i'd guess they'd take a couple of hours to knock one up, plus the price of the stainless,
and that's just to make the bomb section.

that's why FMF sells their complete header pipe/power bomb for $190 and upwards.

Unless its the right size and the perfect distance from your exhaust port it will do nothing except look good and you can actually lose power ... i done a fair bit of research on them and if your gonna waste time and effort making one up its better to actually do the maths make more power rather than look nice and possibly lose power

Yep exactly karlos they look sweet but if there not made correctly they won't do bugger all

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

Agreed I had specs on a doma and some on a scalvini somewhere in my thousands of emails from guys on planets and made mine as close to them as possible but at the end of the day they are a resonator more then anything to quiet down the note and power gains if any would be so slight that you wouldn't notice a thing, the only reason I did mine was because I had to cut and twist the pipe to fit it so thought why not while I'm here I might as well pimp it up (WANK) and hide the weld with it as well. Not worth doing is my honest opinion mate.

Agreed I had specs on a doma and some on a scalvini somewhere in my thousands of emails from guys on planets and made mine as close to them as possible but at the end of the day they are a resonator more then anything to quiet down the note and power gains if any would be so slight that you wouldn't notice a thing, the only reason I did mine was because I had to cut and twist the pipe to fit it so thought why not while I'm here I might as well pimp it up (WANK) and hide the weld with it as well. Not worth doing is my honest opinion mate.

Top words from a top bloke... The king of the wank factor.!!!
Haha sorry dude lol. I love ya mate and ya bikes

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've got a lot of time and money tied up in my custom FMF 4.1 Exhaust and Megabomb Head Pipe that I run on my Daughter's Mini Race Quad that I built from the ground up but it was well worth it IMO. This Exhaust is not just a hack and weld job, it's actually tuned and matched to the built race engine.

I had to buy the Full FMF 4.1 CRF-50/70 Big Bore Exhaust w/ Titanium Silencer, a Stainless Steel Megabomb Head Pipe, and a 2' Stick of T308 1.75"ID Exhaust Pipe, and a Custom 4-Stroke ATV, Dirt Bike, and Motorcycle Custom Exhaust Builder Computer Program. Once I finally gathered up all the data required for the program to calculate the number of step ups, placement of step ups, and pipe size (ID) it wasn't to bad. The program even had a "Powerbomb" Option that showed you the exact spot on the head pipe where it needed to be placed. It didn't have a "Megabomb" Option but I looked at FMF's Powerbomb and Megabomb Head Pipes and both were placed in the exact same spot on the same make and model ATV/Dirt Bike.

After I had it designed in the Exhaust Program I gathered up everything and took it to a custom motorcycle exhaust builder and had him build the custom FMF 4.1 Exhaust for the quad.
The Fitment is perfect and it out performs all other exhaust systems that I've ever ran on any 4-Stroke Mini.

Latest posts

Back