Homemade silencer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterpitbike96

Reaction score
i got bored one day after work so i decided to make a silencer for my ts185 heres a couple of pics
555316_4621570395594_1121317939_n.jpg

i cut an old silencer that was like 1/2 meter long and added an end and a pipe coming out of the end that i bent and i made a mount to mount the silencer in place

539069_4621569595574_86708990_n.jpg

than i bent it and tacked it in place cut off the rest of it and welded it fully

1239463_4621569275566_185193857_n.jpg

998941_4621569075561_1523604728_n.jpg

and now it sits in place and sounds sick was pretty good for a couple of hours i think

good work, and cheap too.
+ Reps for sharing the pics

i have modified and fabricated quite a few myself, as you may have seen.
i modified an old used CRF/RM muffler, cut it down and modified it to suit the Orion,
made the custom Chappy muffler from scratch, same with the DS80, the PW50, and modified the Dune Buggys' muffler a few times too.

i like using scrap steel i have laying around,
and find some good mandrel bent pipes are used in a lot of everyday items, kids chairs, old table legs, old push bikes etc etc

nice work mate, +reps for sharing it all. do you notice any diff performance wise? i kno theres not much performance to be had with aftermarket exhaust's on 4 strokes, but is the acceleration different? quicker slower?

good work, and cheap too.
+ Reps for sharing the pics

i have modified and fabricated quite a few myself, as you may have seen.
i modified an old used CRF/RM muffler, cut it down and modified it to suit the Orion,
made the custom Chappy muffler from scratch, same with the DS80, the PW50, and modified the Dune Buggys' muffler a few times too.

i like using scrap steel i have laying around,
and find some good mandrel bent pipes are used in a lot of everyday items, kids chairs, old table legs, old push bikes etc etc

thanks mate and yer i used what i could find laying around the house lol but i will take some better photos tomorrow

nice work mate, +reps for sharing it all. do you notice any diff performance wise? i kno theres not much performance to be had with aftermarket exhaust's on 4 strokes, but is the acceleration different? quicker slower?

well i could really feel the powerband more cause its for a 2 stroke i could really feel a difference but there's not much on a difference on acceleration

cheers for the reply mate. might have a go at my muffler sometime soon...or just buy a yoshi, or PC T-4 ;)

cheers for the reply mate. might have a go at my muffler sometime soon...or just buy a yoshi, or PC T-4 ;)

yer iv'e herd of a couple of pipes doing heads to the performance like acceleration and all that good stuff i think the best one is the carbon yoshi pipe
YO-RS4D-014_is

[video=youtube;rtjdJVOR2ec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtjdJVOR2ec&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

just a video on the sound of the new homemade silencer sounds pretty sweet and just testing how low i can get the idle was about 1200RPM to 1000RPM also the light is very dull when idling but it gets brighter when revved what causes that cheers

the lighting coil that powers the headlight would be set up to give the most power at the most common rpm it would be used at.
most 2 strokes it's about 4000-5000rpm

Ok thanks for the info did you like the sound I feel a harder powerband might do a video tomorrow of me ripping the back yard up lol

Cheers Joel!!

Latest posts

Back