honda cr185 big wheel build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so anyway i was trying to sell the cr85 big wheel i have and there wasnt any interest listed it on gumtree too still no interest, then i decided may as well get stuck into it and start building the damn thing, about my build its a honda cr85 big wheel got it off my mate awhile ago with no motor as he use to race it but couldnt take it interstate i fell in love with it and took it off his hands...had it sitting around for awhile hoping to do something with it anyway i started the engine transplant today and its turning out alrite so far the engine im using is a suzuki ts185 two stroke motor from 197-0--something runs good as i have ridden the bike it was in numerous times and am happy with the power etc..i cut the second top tube out of the honda frame so the head would clear and it does (just) i have made front mounts and welded them in just need to make rear mounts and weld them in ill do them tommorrow but im sorta stuck here as when the motor is in the front of the swingarm hits the back of the crankcase if i move the motor up too high as i wanted it sitting as flat as possible because i wasnt sure how it would affect the CCI oil injection system i will post some pics up of the progress next few days if anyone can tell me any info about these engines I.E. oil system and electrics that would be much help all i know is it runs 6volt power and the oil system lubes up the bearings and crank etc cheers

would have more speed and acceleration out of a cr85 engine the ts will have no power band and the weight will be a definate disadvantage,but on the plus side very long gears so not many gear changes

got the motor welded in today neatened up the electricals built an exhaust,cleaned the oil pump out, cleaned the carbie and the cr85 tank didnt fit it was too long so i got a pitbike fuel tank on there just need to weld bolts on and put an extra bar under the seat for re-inforcement, still have afew things to go but ive only been working on it for 3 days it should be finished by next week,need to get a new chain and fuel lines

Attachments

• P121111_19.08_[02].jpg
    P121111_19.08_[02].jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 22
  • P121111_19.08_[01].jpg
    P121111_19.08_[01].jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P121111_19.08.jpg
    P121111_19.08.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P121111_19.07_[01].jpg
    P121111_19.07_[01].jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 26
Cool concept. Execution,,, well... lol
I have long thought a Blaster motored YZ80/85 would be a riot. I could put a 1st aid kit where the radiator was:)

Where is the front sprocket in relation to swingarm pivot? Looks as it'd be high?
I think you'd be better off cutting the cradle and dropping the motor. Then you could bury that heinous exhaust thing. Deep. Then bury the shovel.

Oil injection won't mind angle.

Last edited:
haha GDFP im happy with it for now, just abit of a machine to have fun on dont care hot it looks if it proves reliable ill spend some more time on it havent ridden it yet, been making sure everythings good on it and hunting parts off some mates, the old exhaust fitted (sorta) it bent the wrong way it would come out then go behind the seat and was too close to my leg didnt like it so i just built a straight pipe exhaust still need to make it quieter though its too friggin loud

Latest posts

Back