Honda z 50 40th anniversary restrictor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimy

Reaction score
hello. I just got myself one and cant stop smiling. I had one when i was 4 and i am now 33. I have a gsxr 1000 track bike and a yz 450 also, but to be putting around on one of these again is awesome.
My question how do i remove the restrictor. It has a sticker on the front guard stating it is restricted to 50kmh.
cheers
Jimy..

nice dude,, im not sure abot the restrictor, maybe some thing in ur carby or throtter,, and with the that sticker,, jst take it off,,lol but put pics up

Maybe the sticker is simply stating that it's restricted to a max speed of 50 km by law ? Or as a general guideline due to the wheel size/safety factor ... ie pure common sense ...

hello. I just got myself one and cant stop smiling. I had one when i was 4 and i am now 33. I have a gsxr 1000 track bike and a yz 450 also, but to be putting around on one of these again is awesome.
My question how do i remove the restrictor. It has a sticker on the front guard stating it is restricted to 50kmh.
cheers
Jimy..

Hi jimy ,mate congrats on the new bike i know them well :D,does it have compliance ? IE can you road rego it?

your probly more suited to this website

MonkeyGarage - Powered by vBulletin

they will help you in every way possible on your new toy ,also theirs a pretty huge crowd following the monkey bike scene

here's a pic of my ride

19062009162.jpg

Nice bike snitchy. yes it has compliance. where did you get those wheels?? they are tits!!
thanks for the info..

mate there all over the place these are just MIC rims 10 inch cost me 200 bucks ,you can spend some big coin on these bikes mate ,and i mean big coin ,i know of ppl running 8,to 10 k on a motor alone then theres the bike mods on that any where from 5k to 10k

welcme to the world of Monkeys jimmy where are ya mate we do rides and meets all the time if ya got rego your in mate

Are motorverts welcome on these rides :D

offcourse infact were going for 1 on the 19th this month early tho 6.30 am start time

will be good fun also im going on a scooter ride on the 26th down the coast with scooter HQ wanna come to that as well ,youll wanna be fast tho my zed is pretty quick :D

lol i only ride the speed limit anyways

So I assume the details are on the Monkey Garage site?

3712806242_7f4d2a5739.jpg

i live in melbourne. i heard you guys do some rides up there!
here is a pic. (a small one);)
jimy

I think the restrictor is just a small piece of aluminium on top of the throttle slide that prevents it from opening fully. Very easy to remove :) but it'll still be slow even at full throttle lol.

thanks torment. will look at the carbie. might be still slow but will be styling!!

yes it was an aluminum washer/spacer above the spring in the carbie. i removed it and started pissing rain and still is. will test ride tomorrow. always up for a ride torment! do you have any other bikes besides mini's? i go to the island when i get time and hit the dirt every other chance i get.

Latest posts

Back