honda z50 40th anniversary edition

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leimoto23

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a 2009 z50, I was wondering could I swap out the stock engine (4 speed manual) with a semi auto engine?

Cheers guys

is that the black model, i think i saw it on tradingpost it looks sick, a bit out of my price range though

anyways nice buy, how does it go?

any chinese engine will fit... within limits... obviously a zongshen 250 wont....

learn how to use a clutch now or be laughed at forever:p its not that hard...

is that the black model, i think i saw it on tradingpost it looks sick, a bit out of my price range though

anyways nice buy, how does it go?

don't know yet getting it this friday. Yeah, it's the black one withe red rims.....I can't wait ay. I phoned up just to see if they had any left, he told me they had one in stock and infact a guy had put a deposit on it two days prior and pulled out at the last minute.
I couldn't believe my luck seeing that everyone else in NSW has sold out.

I'll post some pics

if you do swap it out do you want to sell the complete motor ?

if so pm plz i have cash waiting

yea if i can get this motor she's going a taki build from hell

need it for the right price tho hint hint

is your 40th a complianced frame!?? ie: has it got the tag that enables it to e road rego'd!? (maybe this is why the previous buyer pulled out!??)

any honda 'copy' engine will fit in, from 50-150(may hit the front wheel) keep in mind things may need to be changed accordingly(oil coolers, lighting coils etc..)

is your 40th a complianced frame!?? ie: has it got the tag that enables it to e road rego'd!? (maybe this is why the previous buyer pulled out!??)

any honda 'copy' engine will fit in, from 50-150(may hit the front wheel) keep in mind things may need to be changed accordingly(oil coolers, lighting coils etc..)

I didnt think any of these 40ths have a compliance plate?

They certainly dont ALL have compliance plates... It was only recently(this year) that the complianced frames were badged. Iv spoken to numerous stores about this and even been in discussion with Hondas assemblely shop in Melbourne. NOT ALL 40th aniv. 50;s are complianced!!
and ya link says.. 1 of 75.. so.. there is ONLY 75 ADR 40 frames about ;)

Yeah that's one of the first things I asked, he said yes and he was going to register it for me...........nice guy btw

z50 hotness.......

Guys I picked the bike up today, looks better in person.......first of all I have to say the guys at sydney city motorcycles campbelltown stand out from the rest......they made the experience that much more enjoyable.

I unfortunately now have to wait till I get my license...but I'm sure the wait will pay off.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

FYI, the bike is has a copliance plate and the frame is a z50j7 fo all you skeptics out there.

piccies.......yay!!!!

Guys, sorry for the abundance of pictures but whatever.....

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

what I love about the tank is that honda didn't just slap on a sticker '40th anniversary' it's actually etched onto to metal.......very classy

last picture is of both my bikes side by side
IMG_0442.jpg

I took some photos of the limited edition monkey key and some of the other stuff that's included, but thats on my iphone and seeing that atm I'm too lazy.................but they will get posted
Learning to ride a manual isn't hard at all (just have to remember not to downshift on a slope haha)
Cheers guys

Latest posts

Back