Honda Z50r Restoration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonar4040

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum because I just purchased a 1983 Honda z50r bike recently with the aim of restoring it to reasonable nick. Mechanics are OK but the body needs some attention (missing parts).
I'm trying to find a black upper exhaust head pipe cover so if anyone knows where I can source one of these from I would be grateful.
Also wondering how the plastic oval numberplate on the exhaust side of the bike is supposed to be mounted. Is there a bracket required or is it screwed straight into the side of the muffler?
Thanks...

hey mate welcome to the forum :) the z'ds are pretty rare on here, but as a handy link try Hi all for a heap of helpful info on the z range. there are also various uk sites that sell NOS and reco parts. very expensive but worthy of a decent Z'd resto :) keep us posted if you can as to how things go and throw up a few pics of the beast.

Have a good stay at miniriders!

foolsp33d

I'm new to this forum because I just purchased a 1983 Honda z50r bike recently with the aim of restoring it to reasonable nick. Mechanics are OK but the body needs some attention (missing parts).
I'm trying to find a black upper exhaust head pipe cover so if anyone knows where I can source one of these from I would be grateful.
Also wondering how the plastic oval numberplate on the exhaust side of the bike is supposed to be mounted. Is there a bracket required or is it screwed straight into the side of the muffler?
Thanks...

hey this is a good site for what your looking for.......www.hondaminitrail.com-z50.html iam doing the same thing with a 1969 z50a..........and i got most of my parts from this site

Latest posts

Back