how can you tell your valve clearences are out??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
just wonderin if u fellas could tell me if there are any noticable signs that your valve clrearences are out (without checkin them).
cheers,
jack

A really clapping top end (not from the barrel) but from the head of cause (means there too loose)

hard to start is also kind of a sign although other problems may cause this..

when you kick your motor over cold you may have great compression but when its hot it falls in compression (means there too tight)

sometimes hard to start and alot of coughing from the airfilter is a sign sometimes too but othertimes this can just happen

oh ok cool man, i havent noticed anything like that on my bike, although i'll check them on my next oil change. do you know what causes kickback when starting? it only happends when cold, but not when its warm
cheers,
jack

its just gonna happen really but aslong as you kick it just past tdc you should be able to avoid it quite a bit i also hear a rev box helps also

also another way to tell the exhaust clearance is too tight is it backfires from highrpm or could come from the carb but that could also mean your running her lean

oh ok cool man, i havent noticed anything like that on my bike, although i'll check them on my next oil change. do you know what causes kickback when starting? it only happends when cold, but not when its warm
cheers,
jack

To limit kickback on starting dont touch your throttle when you kick

Yeah i noticed that, but i notice when that happens it floods after i kicked it over, and dies... maybe jets a tad 2 big?

Latest posts

Back