How do I get the Flywheel/Magneto off??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty

Reaction score
Hey everyone just a quick question...how the hell do i get the magneto off? lol, tried everything. does it pull off or is there some special way to do it? any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
matty.

2 scewdrivers and a nylon mallet
get sum1 to put the screwdrivers each side of the magneto and put weight on it
then tap the crankshaft with the mallet
leave the bolt on a few threads until the flywheel(magneto) comes loose

good luck with durcars fix

get a flywheel puller and use the correct tool that pulls from the thread in the center of the flywheel

not a cheap assed 1 from super crappy tools that grips from the outside

use the correct tool and you'll find it easy (now where have i heard that b4)

Last edited:
ok thanks for that, we tried using a gear puller and that didnt work lol. so a flywheel puller is what ill have to get.

Use a proper puller that screws into the thread on the centre hub of the flywheel . Gear pullers and the screw driver idea are rough and can potentially cause damage to the flywheel ie warp or bend it out of balance ..... not to mention screw driver damage to the cases . DO NOT hit any flywheel with a hammer because it can shatter or dislodge the magnets and put it out of balance as well ...... EVEN inner rotor flywheels can be damaged by using a gear puller ..... that's why ALL flywheels have the screw threads manufactured into them to suit the appropriate removal tool .

Damaged flywheels can also fly apart at high revs causing injury to the rider and harmonic vibrations from out of balance can eventually cause the crank shaft to break ........

if you do not have a puller take your bike or motor to a bike shop they will take it of for you

my bad for not being clear.... take it to a motorcycle workshop (ie a bike repair guy) he will have a wide range of pullers ...... not a Flashy dealer

Last edited:
ok sweet as thanks for that, we are taking it into dads friend who is a mechanic and he's gonna do it for us. :D

Latest posts

Back