how do i silence my exhust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbr_maggs

Reaction score
how do i silence my exhust right up
please helpguy at my motorbike shop sells silencers but 65 bucks i dunno lol any 1 got any ideas

thanks everyone
cheers

remove all enginge bolts
rig up an extended crank
and start peddling

see easy fix

dude have a search for silencer see what you find

no sersli i was asking if the silencers work so they cos a motorbike shop near me sells them 60 bucks he sed they work good

Ha Ha Ha !!!!!! Some of the replies ..... If your muffler has rivets holding it together ..... first mark the can and ends with a texta etc so you know which way it goes back together . Then drill the rivets out ........ repack the can with stainless steel wool or fibreglass insulation wrapped around the perforated tube , then put it all back together ..... you can either re-rivet it OR find screws that fit to make future repacking quick , simple and easy .......

Years ago we used to buy Bassani mufflers ....... they were made of steel and had a quick remove core and end plate plus a spring inside to keep everything tight ........ you simply removed a big circlip and the core popped out ...... enabling you to repack it and reassemble it within minutes .......... unfortunately they don't seem to make them anymore .

You can also fit a short , easy to remove down turned pipe to your exhaust outlet tip to direct the noise to the ground :

http://fstg.motosport.com/motographics/images/products/atv/exhaust/kolpinstealthturnoutlet.jpg

Kolpin Stealth Turn Down Outlet
Optional turn down outlet to replace flex pipe. spark arresting muffler. Quiets ATV exhaust noise by 50% with no loss in performance. :)

home made silencer

I have seen some1 use a cr80 piston which he drilled a few holes in. It fit perfectly in the end of the muffler with a screw to hold it in place. It worked pretty good and he thinks there a little power loss up top but a little more bottom end. They also sell silencers for pittys on ebay for about $30.

find a pipe of the same dimention as ur exhaust but about 10 meters long and weld it on the end, dont worry about the end of the pipe dragging on the ground u will get used to it,
trust me i did it
cheers

I got some steel wool, and some chicken wire.

Roll the steel wool a bit so it will fit into the muffler then wrap it in chicken wire.

should slide in and out firmly and it still lets air through.

if you have a removable tip like the t4 copy's ?? all you have to do is find some thin sheet stainless steel or alloy and drill 9 8mm holes and sandwich it betwween the tip and the muffler ,,
if you dont have a removable tip get an old bmx bike peg and drill 8mm holes in that and shove it in the end of the muffler , done this on the standard exhaust when we first bought them and worked a treat ,
i made some of these up for when my kids are riding in the backyard ,
and so it keeps the neighboors of our back ,

we used passionfruit tins,just packed it with muffler pack n drilled 3 holes in them, n drilled a small hole in the bottom of the tip of the muffler that sticks out n bolted it to it, use a wing nut n lock washer so its easy to remove, works a treat, made our 110s no louder than a lawn mower, great for annialating the olds lawn on xmas day for some drunk back yard racing lol

I have seen some1 use a cr80 piston which he drilled a few holes in. It fit perfectly in the end of the muffler with a screw to hold it in place. It worked pretty good and he thinks there a little power loss up top but a little more bottom end. They also sell silencers for pittys on ebay for about $30.

cr80 piston would only fit some bikes as most of them have all different sizes and I've also seen on eBay and actually bought a silencer for my pitty.

they claimed it stole power up top and gave more on the bottom end... This is bullshit it loses power across the whole range BUT not much and the amount of silencing it does for the power loss is fine.

Latest posts

Back