how do you clean your bike??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhz140cc

Reaction score
:cool:OK
so you have just pulled ya bike of the back of the trailer, or ute. your really not botherd cleaning your bike.. but you know when its clean you will get that good feeling inside you:D

take me thought you techniches on the whole process of cleaning and maintainace after a days ride.. eg..

cleaning the bike itself..

air filter.. (what process do you do to clean it.. ive heard of about 10 different methods..!)

spark plug... (what do you do to clean your sparky))

ect..

look forward to seeing your methods.!!!

cheers dhz140cc..

hp cleaner then in the shed...... air filter gets done before the next ride

just get the hose on it once you cover the airfilter. also use a brush from your mums dust pan and brush set just dont let her find out you took it.... hahaha

just get the hose on it once you cover the airfilter. also use a brush from your mums dust pan and brush set just dont let her find out you took it.... hahaha

Hahahaha:p

haha i was kinda hoping someone would give me a whole page summary expaining everything.. i know how to clean my bike but i just think that everyone could benifit from this fourum ..

General clean of the bike involves

Degreasing the chain/ sprockets and anythin else that may have oil on it, let that sit for a bit then spray it down with the pressure washer then depends on my mood i either take the plastics off and clean them inside or just use a sponge and some car wash and clean em then spray it down again, leave it in the sun for a bit to dry and start it to get the engine all dry and go and give some things an oil or bit of grease, and oil the chain up

as for the filter i use no toil filter i use bel ray filter oil and i clean it in metho, as for my yz i use no toil filter oil that comes with a cleaner (just powder ya disolve in warm water) that stuff cleans out so easy. then sit them infront of our ducted heating vents for the night which ensures they dry. Not such a great idea to do with the filter cleaned in metho as it makes the entire house smeel of it, if your the only one home its fine but the parents really dont like it

Carby just clean it in petrol

spark plug if it aint broke dont fix it,

i use a muffler plug and cover my airfilter on the bike up with a bag while cleaning so i dont get water in there too also not a good idea to spray to much water on the electrics with the pressure washer

awesome kingers.. cheers mate.. lets keep them coming.!!!

after every ride i clean my bike with a hose but i get scared of it getting into the electrics and the carby.also what do u guys recommend to clean the burnt on grease off your angine??i was thinking of car degreaser.

well if you happen to go to any shops in the near future.. look at some stuff called mukoff.. this stuff is so strong its unbelievable.. it comes in arasol can.. i highly reccomend it..

for getting oil of your engine i use australian export degreaser, comes in a red spray can and costs bout $2 from a $2 shop or autobarn sometimes has em for $1 a can, i've used a heap of different degreasers from $10 a can and this one works the best

djb

take airfilter off and bag the carby and exhaust, take plastics off and gernie them plus the bike, ocassionally take wheels off and regrease bearings, clean shocks with wd40 and pump them up and down, let airfilter soak in a tub with washing powder, then clean with fuel and apply oil then leave it in the sun (if im riding again soon), drain dirty fuel from carby and open fuel tap to flush it out, if fuel comes out dirty then take carby apart and wash in petrol, re-wax chain and im done

Why the hell would you want to spend heaps of time cleaning it? My bike is for riding not puting in a "cleanest bike with the most shiny bits competition". I just cover the filter , plug the exhaust, hit it with the gerny, wash it with a bannister brush, and dont spray too much directly onto the electrics. Thats it.Wash the filter in truck wash, oil it, lube the chain and ride the bastard.
If your flushing carbs and such after every ride then youv'e clearly got too much time on your hands. Just run a inline filter. If the bike is set up right from the start you dont need to spend a million hours of maintenance before you ride it

With 50, i barley ever clean it, & the air filter well........ once every 2 years maybe hahaha lucky i ride a honda

spray it down with ct 10 truck wash leave it to soak for 5 minutes then go over it with hot soapy water and a banister brush then a hose down and chamois

haha there is a difference with the 50's and pitties.. the pitties are high maintainece, otherwise theyll die haha:)

^^^ you mean chinas in general unless you dont ride the thing........im keen for this weather to piss off and go for a ride

nah but theyre definetly more high maintainence then like a crf for example.. oh well i like them like that.. you learn alot more

Latest posts

Back