How do you to get rid of un needed electrics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi peeps

i was just wonderin how get rid of the electrics. coz on my pit bike my battery is dead any way lol and i dnt rearly like the look of all the wires so if any one knows how to get rid of the electrics can you please tell me :D

many thanks jordie

just unplug the wires for the battery starter motor etc make sure u tape them up once the bike starts without a battery attached u will still have around 13.5 volts at the battery wires from the alternator and u will need some thin metal sheet to make a block off plate for where the starter is u will also need gasket paper and silastic to seal it all back up it would probably be cheaper replacing the battery

i don't think it's possible to remove all the electrics but i know it's possible to remove the elec. starter and components

can be done but then you would have to rewire the elctrics to the coil from the flywheel etc. to make it possible to run

but you would still need the regulator and the cdi in the system wouldn't you :?:

Electrics

Yer ive grown up with electrics all my life and i got my 110 wif electric start and its shit. Big boyz use kick start. I fully removed every little bit of electric start:kill switches,wires,battery,relays and the rectifier all except the alternator/starter motor.

Makes the bike so much tidyer.!!

[email protected]

how do u switch off your bike with no kill switch? or u replaced it with a single kill button rather than the stock elec and kill together.???? :?

that sux. what if you're in a stiuation where you suddenly crash and you only have time to hit the kill switch to stop the bike runnin away. thats what they're there for and thats why they're so big too, so that in an emergency its easy to just flick the switch

killswitch

who uses a killswitch wen there about 2 crash???? wat good does that do?
use the brakes and gears fool

if dirt bikes didnt need kill switches do you think ebay sellers would invest like $10 extra in each bike so that the unit is installed. most of us dont have matrix reflexes so in time of emergency when we need to stop the bike as quick as possible the kill switch is always there for you and works first time every time. the brakes are there too so u can use those too but sometimes your going too fast to stop completely using the brakes. say you overshot a jump and there was a fence behind the jump and you didnt have time to turn and miss the fence coz the hill was sloping too much towards the fence and then you started to loose control of the bike, where most people could just hit the kill switch in that situation, you would have to fiddle around with stuff on the underside of ur bike in order to turn it off. im not trying to put you down im just saying its inconvenient.

should never use kill switch to stop ur bike, and it prolly wont stop the bike any way. Ever push started a bike, have it in netural, push bike with clutch in, then chuck it in first gear bike will start. Thats wat gonna happen if u use kill switch b4 u crash. just use back brake, bike will flood and turn off soon as it's on it's side.

Latest posts

Back