How do you wash your bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineThumpy

Reaction score
Sorry if there is already a thread on this
But just wondering how you guys n gals wash your bikes after a good muddy ride,
Heard a few different ways from mates, I used to always be scared of gettin water in the wrong places so I used to strip my whole bike down and clean every peice individually hahaha I know I know, now a days I just lay it down on its side and go nuts with the gurney, how do you guys go about it?

Might have to get me some of that truck wash, I've never even heard of it :S can you get it just from your local autobahn or super cheap or something?

Oh s#!t just realise I posted this in jap minis, ment to put it in mini chat, can an admin please move it sorry

Don't use a pressure washer or if you do, use it on spray and at distance as it will stuff bearings and seals.
CT18 is amazing stuff just hose your bike down ( get wet) spray on the diluted CT18, walk away have a beer, cup of coffee, a quick pull whatever just let it do its job then hose off. It is so simple it's not funny, you can get 4 liters from supercheap for about $25 bucks and that will last you ages, you'll never look back trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Moved :)

Also i wash mine with the pressure washer (havn't killed any bearings yet... But i have changed all the standard ones out) then give it a squirt over with "Kenco Shiftit" in the greasy/oily places, leave that to sit for a minute or 2, then 1 final spray down, works for me. BEFORE i start however i remove the airfilter then cover it with gladwrap and a an elastic band + put in the exhuast plug.

Yeah I'm with you Timeeh except I use the old degreaser. Also top tip! I've got a couple of balloons in my shed that I cut the end off and stretch it over the carby inlet! :) seems to hold up against the girni!

Yeah I'm with you Timeeh except I use the old degreaser. Also top tip! I've got a couple of balloons in my shed that I cut the end off and stretch it over the carby inlet! :) seems to hold up against the girni!

Now that you say balloons... rubber gloves would also be a good alternative :)

Each to there own, I was told this from a couple of guys that raced so I just choose to do it the way they do I'd rather not risk it anyways just in the of chance bearings start seizing up. The ct18 works so quick and easy with just an ordinary hose anyways. I've also found the best thing is to have two air filters aswell because if your washing your bike you should be washing your air filter, its nice to have a spare to whack on while the other dries and yeah I throw a ziplock bag and band around my carb.

Last edited:
Truck wash ct18 soft brush and the pressure washer blow the bike off with compressed air then a coat of plexus spray polish looks new like the day I brought it still

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
Each to there own, I was told this from a couple of guys that raced so I just choose to do it the way they do I'd rather not risk it anyways just in the of chance bearings start seizing up. The ct18 works so quick and easy with just an ordinary hose anyways. I've also found the best thing is to have two air filters aswell because if your washing your bike you should be washing your air filter, its nice to have a spare to whack on while the other dries and yeah I throw a ziplock bag and band around my carb.

Yeah the ol' zip lock bags wor a treat I take off filter and use the hose clamp to god it on then hit it with the pressure cleaner at the local car wash

i just wash it, with the pressure washer dont care about getting my air filter wet because i start the bike afterwards (of cause i will care when i get a bigbore kit)

True that, each to their own, i have also heard stories of people blowing out seals and gaskets with the pressure washers too. I myself have even taken paint off my wheel, so i spose it does pay to be carefull, but my bike does get rather messy rather often and the only way to clean it is a pressure wash.

pressure cleaner or ill just wait for the mud to dry and go for a ride over a few good bumps soon falls off :)

Either way. But always use compressed air on levers throttle elec fittings. Some disagree as the air pushes water in but you can indirectly spray as opposed to close full contact with the air.

Latest posts

Back