How much fork oil for motoX 125.,

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomjoske

Reaction score
Hey guys I dumped the old oil from my forks and replaced it with about 260ml of the thickest oil I could buy in each fork... I've realized its way too much and the forks don't compress at all. Does anyone know what would be an optimal oil level?

Welcome to miniriders,

most pitbikes use somewhere between 180mls and 230 mls oil in each leg.
how much oil did you remove from each when draining them ?

what weight oil are you using ?

and don't forget to drop by and say g'day in out Introduce Yourself thread too

cheers, craig

Last edited:
15w oil.. Not much came out. Didn't measure how much but it was nowhere near ehnough because it always bottomed out

ok, that is pretty heavy oil

i used 5W in my Orion, DS80 and Atomik Fuse, and they all feel nice now

I just thought using the heavy oil would stiffen it up a bit. What are your thoughts?

heavy oil will stiffen it up abit, but make rebound a little slower. lighter oil will make them softer and rebound a bit quicker. it also depends on how much oil you put in aswell.
i put 5w in my forks, they felt ok, cant remember how much i put in, but the stock forks on those bike are only good for learning, once you start getting serious, you will need to upgrade.

Yea. I will be at a later date. I'm not going to start launching the thing into the air I just warn to ride it without bottoming out over a little ditch. Though there might have been a specified amount of fork oil to use is all

Latest posts

Back