how much oil?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
How much oil should my atomik 125 take approx?

about 950ml... depends how much you manage to get out really, If you drained every last drop of oil out it could take around 1100ml.
just put 900ml in then start/stop it then check the dipstick to see if it needs more

yer just always go under 1 litre so as rip said 950 or 900 that way your on the safe side

you only get out what you put in.

thats definately not true....

think about it

most engines these days have oil coolers that are full of oil

you then have the head full of oil as well

and your only dumping oil of of a little hole slightly to the right side of the engine so i would give you 50 bucks if you managed to get every ounce of oil you put in your gearbox to come out the next time you dumped it...

very unlikely

yea you'd be there all day trying to get all the oil out

u dont have to get it all out........just whatever u take outs is roughly the right amount to put in if u put the right amount in the first time, too anal? read ur mofo'n dipstick.

lol I get ya, you said it backwards tho... "you only get out what you put in".... if ya put 1100 ml in a completely dry motor, you're lucky to 1000ml out :p

you only get out what you put in.

I understood you :).

Belive it or not. Is it posible that this exact same question has been asked with the exact same title?

Yes, yes it is:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/ask-tech-masters/25998-how-much-oil.html#post258559

MR has a very help search function on the top tool bar. If you can't find it here:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/search.php

900 - 950ml is what you should roughly put in. I use this stuff:
- Shell Advance 4T Motorbike Oil - 15W-40, 1 Litre - Supercheap Auto
- Castrol Activ 4T Motorbike Oil - 15W-50, 1 Litre - Supercheap Auto

Latest posts

Back