How often Change Oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had my 50 for 12 months. still on factory oil.
probaly time for an oil change

Alright, I had my oil in for about a month in a half.. It is black now but not super black.... I think it about time for me to change it then.

Some major neglect right there.

HaHa, he said he was still running on the factory (cooking) oil. I'm surprised its still running. Hess, when you do an oil change throw up a pic of what the oil looks like, i reckon it's now gone past black colour to a pure silver colour....:bocul:

Alright, I had my oil in for about a month in a half.. It is black now but not super black.... I think it about time for me to change it then.

if it is black you should let the bike sit with the sump plug out for a good day and nite to let the junk drain, if you dont the new oil will turn black instantly mixing with the junk oil, resulting in you needing to do another change in 1 hour.

if it is black you should let the bike sit with the sump plug out for a good day and nite to let the junk drain, if you dont the new oil will turn black instantly mixing with the junk oil, resulting in you needing to do another change in 1 hour.

Good advise.
If it was me I would fill it with oil and let it run for 5 minutes and drain it out to get it all clean again and then stay on top of the oil changes after that

Ill get to it one day but working 15hr days i dont get alot of time

Fresh motor i'd change it at 1hr, After that around 7-10hrs which is around 250-400kms which is overkill anyways

Alright, I am going to give it a change and problem just drain everything out and let it sit for a few mins and then put some new oil in... I usually use Dirtbike 4 stroke oil anyways.. (Forgot the brand) Sense i have not change for the oil for about a month now.

Latest posts

Back