how to change engine from air cooled or oil cooled

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillip_1337

Reaction score
sorry guys im new to all this and i was wondering whats better air cooled or oil cooled engines and how i would go about changing one? i have a 125cc lifan engine. thanks, phillip

Oil cooled is not necessarily better. I think a standard 125 should be ok without an oil cooler as there are many bikes being sold with that engine with no cooler.

I have seen aftermarket side covers that have connections for an oil cooler but i cant remember what engines they were for or where i saw them.

Just found this thread also
http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/14914-how-install-oil-cooler-125cc-ducar-engine.html

I'ts a bit old so the links may not work but there's some good info
Hope This helps

Oil cooled is not necessarily better. I think a standard 125 should be ok without an oil cooler as there are many bikes being sold with that engine with no cooler.

I have seen aftermarket side covers that have connections for an oil cooler but i cant remember what engines they were for or where i saw them.

Just found this thread also
http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/14914-how-install-oil-cooler-125cc-ducar-engine.html

I'ts a bit old so the links may not work but there's some good info
Hope This helps

thanks man that helps me out alot!!

Well... ALL engines are air-cooled, eventually;)
Some engines have external ports that must be connected via jumper or cooler in order for the entire engine to be lubricated. An optional cooler, on any engine is only effective if the design, location, and airflow through it are correct. Cheap "billet", actually extrusions, tucked behind the fender on a dirt bike ridden under 40/kph most of it's life is useless.

Latest posts

Back