how to get bolt off

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beginnerMX

Reaction score
hey guys i cant get the 2 allen key bolts off that hold the pegs to the bottom of engine block feels like there welded thats how hard they are this has annoyed me coz need to take engine out an split case

they are most likely loctited in there, have you tried the old spanner trick or putting a bit of pipe over the allen key for better leverage?

use a peice of bar over the allen peice.... or better yet buy a allen socket set... i have one and i am never gonna look back

im put multi grips on the allen key to turn it, allen key will snap before this comes off

spray some Inox MX5 on the bolts, where they meet the motor, it will soak in, and you can most likely undo them with a decent allen key, not a chinese one.

if that fails, use some decent branded vice grips on them.

if that fails, use some decent branded vice grips on them.

You always beat me to it craig:five:, and the wording decent branded is right, the cheap ones end up with bruised teeth that dont grip like genuine vise grip branded and they start to bend up when good amounts of pressure is put on them.

bondhaus gorilla long series allen keys. theyll send your hands numb when they "spring" as a bolt lets go! the bar does more than just add leverage :rolleyes: im yet to disprove the claim "unbreakable" but!

a drift(steel rod, preferably NOT the 3/8 6" extension bar) and a hammer.

smack them bolts first! smack em hard!

or proper impact hex drives on an impact driver...

bondhaus gorilla long series allen keys. theyll send your hands numb when they "spring" as a bolt lets go!

Not wrong dude, when that bolts cracks you will def know about it lol.

You always beat me to it craig:five:, and the wording decent branded is right, the cheap ones end up with bruised teeth that dont grip like genuine vise grip branded and they start to bend up when good amounts of pressure is put on them.

the Petersons are my favorite, i have 6 pairs, 8", 6", and 4", blunt, curved, curved w/bolt cutters, pointy nosed.
Mr Peterson, the guy that originally designed/manufactured them, patented the idea back around 1924.
i bought mine years ago from a couple of tool shops, and even a couple of pairs off the Snap On truck.
they are all still going strong.

im going the easy way out taking it to bike shop tomoz to do it for me he only has to get that one allen key bolt off then engine will come out split the case an replace kick start shaft, im hoping i get charged for 1 hour work...

Hoping helps mate, whats the hourly rate

uv taken kickstart shaft out rotn how long from here does it take? its just take head off and it splits then swap shaft right?

Latest posts

Back