How to reduced exhaust noise?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

low29

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Just wondering if there is any effective ways to reduce the decibels produced by my Pitpro 150 xr. Whether its a different type of exaust to the stock one or just a modification I could do to the stock one.

Cheers,
low29

repack it or buy a silencer or make a home made one just make a smaller hole for the fumes to flow through then some how mount it to the exhaust

You can try repacking, baffle tube squeezing, smaller core, etc

The Pro Circuit and other higher-end pipes have optional quiet core inserts that work well in quieting the bike without killing power.

Less-expensive one that's quite a bit quieter, and includes a spark arrestor:
FULL EVOS SYSTEM 1 EXHAUST

Silencer only:
Piranha 87mm Exhaust Muffler SS

Piranha87mmExhaustMufflerSS_1.jpg

Thanks for your advice guys..

In the end I repacked the exaust with alot more packing, as there was hardly any in it when i pulled it apart. I then got my mate who is a welder to make up a small silencer and I attached it to the end... Works a treat. Huge reduction in the noise with only a little loss in the power. Hopefully keeps the neighbours happy for a bit.

Cheers,
Glenn

hey, if you want i have a really good silenced exhaust pipe, all the way to the muffler... if you start my 160cc you wouldnt be able to hear it from 15-20 metres away.
if you want this, please pm me...... or even if you want to swap... maybe we can arrange something....

Latest posts

Back