How to remove flywheel without flywheel holder.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
I brought a new strap oil filter wrench but just can get that darn nut off. Any other ways? It it normal thread direction?

yeah normal thread dude

it was impacted on there there is a tool that most bike shops will have that you can use
you might need a fly wheel puller to it makes it heaps easier

otherwise some gentle manipulation with a screw driver should get it

again gentle you dont wanna wreck it

I've got the puller just not the holder thing.

Hey mate. What you need is an impact gun. Not too expensive from super cheap or any autimotive shop. Normally around the 60 mark or so. Once you have one you'll wonder how you could ever go without one.

I made my own. 2 spade bits and a length of 40x40mm timber and alot of force. Now I challenge any one to tell me McGyver wouldn't be proud.

sth2.jpg

^^ but there was no Gaffa tape or Zip ties used !! lol

put the bike in 1st and park it with the front wheel against a wall.
then use a decent 14mm 6 point socket (impact one if possible),and a good 1/2" drive ratchet on the nut,
have the ratchet sitting at 9 o'clock and give it a crack on the ratchet handle with a hammer
the shock should loosen it

another way (dodgy but) which props not the nicest way to do it is put it in gear and have someone hold down the rear brake while you undo the nut.

My preferred method, use a rattle gun. Not sure how you did it with your timber etc, hats off to you:)

the timber would have held the flywheel from turning, sit the 2x bits into the cutouts in the flywheel, then a ratchet socket and extension in the middle undid the nut

Latest posts

Back