How to Ride through Soft Sand On A Small Wheel?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathRider

Reaction score
How do you's ride your bike through soft sand? I've got a Pitpro 125cc '10' and 12' tyres. It is extremely hard to control through soft sand and I end up stacking it

All depend's on where it is i guess.
Either ride through it fast in a lower gear keeping your weight on the back wheel
or just cruise through it slower than you do on the hard packed stuff.

Last edited:
on my crf50 with a gpx 124cc and 10 inch tyers i just gun it in 2 and 3rd gear not placing my feet on the pegs i just have then out so i can put then down incase i lean to one side too much i rip through soft sand with the gpx motor :D .

install a 190 in your bike then you will be uncontrollably out of control LOL

on my 190 and 250f at my local track, full throttle and hope for the best, if i back off on the 190 i go over the bars haha

Power on, shift weight back, go with the flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm riding on 8" wheels, and I've encountered the same problem... shifting weight back to lighten up the front end definitely helps, the front wheel doesn't seem to get as squirrelly that way, LOL. I'm dying to see what a difference these dune-riding wheels I set up will make in soft sand, I'm hoping they will ofer an improvement over the knobbies... I prefer the knobbies on hard dirt and berms, but I feel that they lose performance in deep sand, regardless of speed. Hopefully these X Trac tires will work better in the deep stuff, I don't care about being the fastest bike in the dunes this winter, but I'd like to have more control and not have to ride so loosely, 10-4??? We shall soon see whether the aggro tread pattern on the X Tracs makes any appreciable difference in deep sand: I intend to share the results of my experiment at several websites, especially if the tires make a big difference.

I find the best way is to be hard on the handle bars make sure you have control sit abit further back in the seat then you usually would and hold it flat and don't back off

Generally with sand you need to lean back so that youre pretty much sitting or standing above the real guard. You have to be a little loose on the front end (staying stiff wont allow it to fall into ruts and causes cross rutting and stuff. Keep the power up and revs high. The sand (especially if its deep) absorbs some power so you definitely need to hold gears longer.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back