How to set a new MOLKT 26mm Carby- Jet settings.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sigh.

Nothing can possibly be tuned already, work out what the problem is to begin with to be honest...

DHZ told me it was the jet settings and i was better off taking it into a local mechanic. now they have a OKO carb for 150cc in stock which they say it is already tuned ready to go :confused: ill just see what the mechanics can do..

check for air leaks, make sure the seals are ok, put a 20 pilot and the 100 main should be fine.

Otherwise check the spark strength and timing...?

EDIT:- Also check your float level.

sigh.

Nothing can possibly be tuned already, work out what the problem is to begin with to be honest...
^^^^ what he said... "Tuned already''.... *giggle*
DHZ told me it was the jet settings and i was better off taking it into a local mechanic. now they have a OKO carb for 150cc in stock which they say it is already tuned ready to go :confused: ill just see what the mechanics can do..
DHZ are probably right, your jetting may wrong... The OKO's they have AREN'T tuned already to go. They are supplied with jets that *may* be close to what is required, but they also may be miles out, like mine have been. Tuned already for a 150? which one? too many variables for a carby to be "already tuned"...
I'd suggest you sort out the problems you have with the Molkt, before spending more money on another carb, that may, (and most probably will) present you with the same problems...
A trip to a bike mechanic will be money better spent...

cheers boys
the carb seals are tight and enclosed and DHZ are sending me a jet kit ranging from 95-102.5 mains and 12.5-20 pilots so try that and see what happens then..
have not yet had the time to send it to a mechanic but will try and do that after trying the new jets.

BAD NEWS!..
as i was taking the slow jet out of the carb to get the new jets ready to be put in when i recieve them, the head of the jet screw snapped, now i cannot undo the screw and the jet is stuck down there and the thread has also been stripped.
My easy options now is to replace it with another new molkt ($45) or fit my 30mm Mikuni carb from a Lifan 140cc on the engine. im wondering with the mikuni will tuning the carb be the same as the molkt (95 main, 20 pilot) or will it need a different jet setting.. the mikuni jets now are 100 main and 20 pilot and is not the right setting.

Last edited:
if 100 and 20 isnt working there is something else wrong.....

it is a fairly old carb around 12-15 months old off a mate, who knows whats wrong with it. i think im better off replacing the molkt with a new one it will make life easier for only $45.

yeah what Daimojay said... if #20 pilot and #100 main arent working, there is an issue elsewhere with the carby... which as you have pointed out, it would be easier to replace it...
a #20 pilot and #95 main should be pretty close to the mark with the spare mikuni, but they are massively gay, and best suited to setting on fire...
they can be jetted to work, but in my experience have a tendency to just up and "not work" for no apparent good reason...
I'd be replacing it with either another Molkt or an OKO... both are better carbies than the Fakuni "genuine" 30/26mm....

I have a problem which I think is the carb, bike runs fine when accelerating through the whole range, but if I go full throttle to get up to speed then chop the throttle to cruise at a constant speed the bike will start bucking, too much fuel it seems like, Have dropped the needle all the way down which helped, took air filter off which leaned it out more and that helped also, Which would be the culprit, slow jet or main jet? I've seen the main jet is 102, haven't looked at the pilot jet yet but best idle is at 3/4 turns out.

Last edited:
well if it runs best at 3/4 out then that tells me your pilot jet is running a bit lean

thing is it runs fine down low though. and the probelm gets worse as the bike heats up which I think means it's running rich. The plug was a bit dark also. You think 102 main jet is too big for a 150cc?

yeah i bought a new molkt and should recieve by the end of the week..
i recieved my jet kit today and on the larger jets (i think they are the slow jets) it has engraved 100, 102, 104, 106... is that the # for them? the smaller jets have no numbers engraved..what to do?..

yes the numbers you have given up there ^^^ are the jet size numbers... ie 100 = #100 main jet...
bit odd that the smaller (pilot) jets dont have numbers stamped on them though...
the pilots may be a case of playing around with them, and finding which one works best...

yeah true, the older mikuni pilots have numbers but the new ones dont, weird..
anyways ill have to do that aye, cheers

i recieved my new molkt today and took a look at the jets straight away. it came with a #104 main and put a #100 in it straight away as i they usually come with a rich setting. (100 was the one under from 104, there was no 102). ill start it up tomorrow and see if it runs lean or rich... if it runs perfect that should mean and give me an understanding that there is a #20 pilot in it

mines running perfect now with 102 main, unsure of pilot but screw is 3/4 out.
damn I woulda sold u my molkt (new)

is the main jet in your molkt a slotted hex one?

Latest posts

Back