How To Tune

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonbutey

Reaction score
Hey guys
just wondering
could anyone out the be nice enough to post a step by step guide on tunning there mini bikes for the idle and threw the gears
either a video or images .
i know there will be people out there needing it
n i may need it some day as well
thanks guys

Tuning minibikes I have no knowledge of.

Gears, I do.

Neutral is your gear that keeps the bike out of gear, I'm sure you know that.

Changing Gear
Hold your Clutch (Left Lever) in and put your gear in to 1st. Release the clutch slowly and put throttle on at the same time. Get up to enough revs (basically when your bike is screaming for a gear change) pull your clutch in and shift up on your gears. You'll then be in second. You can then let the clutch go and carry on going. Do that with all the gears.

^^^^ pretty sure he was talking bout tuning still when he mentioned through the gears as in to say so it runs good on idle as well as good performance through the rev range

Tuning minibikes I have no knowledge of.

Gears, I do.

Neutral is your gear that keeps the bike out of gear, I'm sure you know that.

Changing Gear
Hold your Clutch (Left Lever) in and put your gear in to 1st. Release the clutch slowly and put throttle on at the same time. Get up to enough revs (basically when your bike is screaming for a gear change) pull your clutch in and shift up on your gears. You'll then be in second. You can then let the clutch go and carry on going. Do that with all the gears.

i know how to ride a clutch motorbike
i have a cr125 n a crf450 lmaoo
but thanks anyways
maybe people might take that in handy if they dont know how to ride

i was trying to ask if anyone knows how to TUNE gears so there have more top end

cheers

i know how to ride a clutch motorbike
i have a cr125 n a crf450 lmaoo
but thanks anyways
maybe people might take that in handy if they dont know how to ride

i was trying to ask if anyone knows how to TUNE gears so there have more top end
cheers

I call lies.. but hey feel free to prove me wrong!

and you also need help on bleeding cable operated brakes to...
And how to route cables...*
And how to search...

What ever questions you have SEARCH in the 'old' search before posting a new thread please....

fail.jpg

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/search.php

I call lies.. but hey feel free to prove me wrong!

and you also need help on bleeding cable operated brakes to...
And how to route cables...*
And how to search...

What ever questions you have SEARCH in the 'old' search before posting a new thread please....

fail.jpg

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/search.php

First of all, i'm impressed you went to the effort of editing my pictures on paint just to say "FAIL"
and to prove you WRONG, infact, that is not a fail because unfortunately that is the accelerator cable
not the brake cable. If you were smart enough to realise, that the handle bars are actualling different to the original as i
changed them which made the accelerator cable to long to be placed how it usually is.

Thanks idiot.

Last edited:
That cabling is rubbish thanks for pointing that out.

Clean your cables then ask for help...

If you can't be bothered to do anything for your bike, why have one at all? Don't be so lazy.

It's just like people are too lazy to use an kick-start so they use an electric one.

the picture was more to demonstrate your BAD cable routing and give you an idea as to why your accelerator is so touchy, (ever tried to pull the brakes ble on a bmx with the brake cableis wound around sharp bends like that?)

hey if you want to be a smart arse about it and not accept help when its offered, cool. Good luck finding out what you need ;)

to many answered questions, not enough spanner spinning. GO DO SOMETHIN PRODUCTIVE!

dude if you got a cr 125 and a crf 450 you should now how to tune a frigen pit bike.

well if he tunes them why not get him to do ya pit bike. get him to show ya how to tune em. its not hard man

ask hm to show you how to adjust ya throttle and how to route cables while hes there..

and if he knows anythin bout forums.. get him to show ya how to use the search, as there IS a thread explain it all in detail... but ya just gotta find it ;)

Latest posts

Back