Hydraulic clutch-anyone got 1?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickaninny

Reaction score
Going to mod the vert to the max ive decided. List of mods include the hydraulic clutch but they seem very cheap. Anyone got one and care to comment?
Also looking for comments on Elka rear shock(anyone know if Ohlins or Eibach have shockies for minis), 150cc kit for jialing, FMF exhaust, and if available front brake kit from Brembo(otherwise will use ktm65 brakes), Super battle racing semi-digital cdi,Keihin 26mm flatside carby and carbon fibre fuel tank;)
Cheers

i knew you wouldn't sell her
pimp that thing to the hilt but just do engine and zorst for now th ereplace parts as they brake
should come up choice

p.s dunno much about the hydrulic clutch somone might have one

Last edited:
i should have a coment on hydro clutch's once my elite arrives :) never riden a hydro clutch b4....

Really didnt have much of a choice with keeping it. was told $2700 - 10% commision for sellin her. so lets PIMP.:D :D :D Let us know bout the clutch Hillz I was going to buy 1 off MSO anyway.

dunno bout a hydralic clutch.. yeh rito nice for a mod and to splash abit of cash on but my clutch is light enough and feels great for me =)

and then you gotta think about what if you snap a leaver or the actual leaver again comes down to cash but would be a sweet mod if the cash was there =)

Cables can be lighter then hydraulic clutches. My RM125 clutch is lighter then every KTM I have rode.

Yeah , I don't know where people get the idea that a hydraulic clutch with 1 to 1 movement would be easier to pull than a properly lubricated cable . Most of the chinese systems are simply a cable replacement set up . The only advantages are that they are self adjusting and lubricating , but get a leak or bleed problem and your tranny will cop damage unless you stop riding the bike and get it fixed immediately .

I can see heat from the exhaust pipe being a problem .......

I've seen a system for chinese engines with the slave cylinder inside the clutch cover which would work on bikes that have problems with the clutch arm hitting things ..... dirtbikesonline were the ones who had that type ....... The special clutch cover with the slave cylinder built- in came with the master cylinder , lever , and line .....

I generaly work on the KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid.
Cable: mount, adjust, ride
Hydro: mount, check fittings, make sure hose clears hot/moving parts, bleed, adjust, ride, adjust again, ride

i have a hydro clutch on my mini. they are ok but my master cilinder housing has broke because of a slide out on a muddy day so it took some time to find the same housing.
but i dont kno how to bleed it yet but ill hopfully figure it out tody and bleed it =)

mega bump dude, have a look at the date . 2007

well since it was a mega bump how did things work out ?!? im curious aswell... i was considering a hydro becasue the clutch on my yx 140 seems a bit stiff :( i can still ride it ok but feel if the clutch was light as a feather like most japs it would be way better

Latest posts

Back