I Can't Go Fullspeed On My Pitty! Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
I Just Finished Rebuilding My Bike Mostly For Looks, But I Added Performance In There As Well. I Got Pro Taper Bars, A 1/4 Turn Throttle From Tboltusa, 38mm Uni Air Filter, Ordering A New Cnc Big Bore Exhaust, And This Mikuni Carb MIKUNI 26 MM CARBURETOR CARB XR CRF 50 SDG KLX 110 BIKE | eBay. It Is Really A 22mm But This Is The Right Size For My Bike. Why Is it That When i Try To Open My Throttle All The Way It Does Not Allow Me To Go Faster. I Have To Inch My Way To A Certain Point On My Throttle And After I Get To That Point Any Further It Makes This Sound...Pitbike Throttle Problem - YouTube Is This Because I Need Bigger Jets? And Why Is it That When I Turn My Petcok On Gas Comes Out The Metal Thing On The Bottom of The Carb( I Don't Know What its Called)

Last edited:
The Video is before The Mods, With My Old Carb, But i Bought The One In The Link And it Is Still Doing The Same thing.

Is This Because I Need Bigger Jets? And Why Is it That When I Turn My Petcok On Gas Comes Out The Metal Thing On The Bottom of The Carb( I Don't Know What its Called)

at a guess, sounds like you need a smaller main jet, you could adjust your needle all the way down to the top clip (from memory) and test that, if that makes it a little better, get a smaller main jet and re-set the needle. as for the float bowl (or bottom thing on the carby) my guess would be that the rubber seal is not in place properly (runs around the edge of the bowl)

at a guess, sounds like you need a smaller main jet, you could adjust your needle all the way down to the top clip (from memory) and test that, if that makes it a little better, get a smaller main jet and re-set the needle. as for the float bowl (or bottom thing on the carby) my guess would be that the rubber seal is not in place properly (runs around the edge of the bowl)

Im Not Trying To Go Against You, But Isnt It Not Getting Enough Fuel? So Wouldn't A Smaller Jet Make it Worse? And Where And What Does The Needle Do And how Do I Adjust it??

Maybe, but it sounds to me like it's drowning (too much fuel up top), but playing with the needle might give you an idea, playing with the needle will change your mid-range. if you move the circlip (#8 in the diagram) to the top of the needles setting you will lean it out (aslo accomplished by a smaller jet) and if you do the opposite you will make it richer (accomplished by a larger jet) it still won't give you a complete picture in the top end but should give you an idea on which way to go.
vm_26-44mm.gif

Maybe, but it sounds to me like it's drowning (too much fuel up top), but playing with the needle might give you an idea, playing with the needle will change your mid-range. if you move the circlip (#8 in the diagram) to the top of the needles setting you will lean it out (aslo accomplished by a smaller jet) and if you do the opposite you will make it richer (accomplished by a larger jet) it still won't give you a complete picture in the top end but should give you an idea on which way to go.
vm_26-44mm.gif

So Basically, I Wouldn't Have To Buy A Bigger Or Smaller Jet If I Just Adjust This?

Nah, reckon you'll still need a new jet/jets, this will giveyou an idea of which way to go, i.e wether you go leaner (smaller) or richer (larger) The following diagram explains a little bit more
effects3.gif

I'm definitely with timeeh on this 1 bro! not 2 gang up on you, but order yourself a jet kit from Tbolt
> it'll run you $30

heres the specs (I have the paper it came with) lol

Mikuni 22mm Jet Kit - Mikuni 22mm round slide Carb

pilots = 17.5, 20

mains = 95, 100, 105, 110

play around with the jets, but remember, carbs are like a watch
(if even the smallest thing gets in there, it either won't work, or it'll work like sh*t!)

oh! just thought of sumthin else lol

check your throttle cable, give it a Lube!! & also make sure its tight on the top of your carb!

mayb the 1/4 turn throttle is only letting you go a 1/4 of the speed :) haha joking!

really hope this helps mate!

JakeStef

I'm definitely with timeeh on this 1 bro! not 2 gang up on you, but order yourself a jet kit from Tbolt
> it'll run you $30

heres the specs (I have the paper it came with) lol

Mikuni 22mm Jet Kit - Mikuni 22mm round slide Carb

pilots = 17.5, 20

mains = 95, 100, 105, 110

play around with the jets, but remember, carbs are like a watch
(if even the smallest thing gets in there, it either won't work, or it'll work like sh*t!)

oh! just thought of sumthin else lol

check your throttle cable, give it a Lube!! & also make sure its tight on the top of your carb!

mayb the 1/4 turn throttle is only letting you go a 1/4 of the speed :) haha joking!

really hope this helps mate!

JakeStef

All I Have To Say Is...:congrats: This Is Sooo Helpful! Im Buying Them This Weekend. But What About The Gas Coming Out Of The Line When I Turn The Petcok On?

thanks mate! anytime seriously, I'm here 2 help & learn a few things along the way aswell lol

as 4the leak.. I'm gunna say this, the gasket/rubber seal in the Bowl (bottom of carb) can easily be shifted when putting the carb back together, it's happened 2me! so, get some Low Volatile Gasket Maker (its Blue)

it's like silicone or ****ing but made 4 carbs lol it'll help keep it in place, let it dry b4 putting gas in
> over night should do, make sure not 2 get any inside the carb either!

there should be a little "Groove" that the Rubber Seal fits in2, put sum Blue Gasket Maker in there, then line up the Rubber Seal & push it in, then lol.. lick your finger & run it along the Rubber Seal, all the way around, you'll see why I say lick your finger when you do it! (it prevents it from sticking 2 you!)

hope this helps & if you get a chance, mayb you could add 2 my reputation?

(click on the green band with gold star in the top right corner of this reply!)
> I'd like 2 get a good Rep. so if ppl hav questions, they know they can ask me.. ya know?

thanks alot mate & again, hope this helps ya out!

cheers,

JakeStef

thanks mate! anytime seriously, I'm here 2 help & learn a few things along the way aswell lol

as 4the leak.. I'm gunna say this, the gasket/rubber seal in the Bowl (bottom of carb) can easily be shifted when putting the carb back together, it's happened 2me! so, get some Low Volatile Gasket Maker (its Blue)

it's like silicone or ****ing but made 4 carbs lol it'll help keep it in place, let it dry b4 putting gas in
> over night should do, make sure not 2 get any inside the carb either!

there should be a little "Groove" that the Rubber Seal fits in2, put sum Blue Gasket Maker in there, then line up the Rubber Seal & push it in, then lol.. lick your finger & run it along the Rubber Seal, all the way around, you'll see why I say lick your finger when you do it! (it prevents it from sticking 2 you!)

hope this helps & if you get a chance, mayb you could add 2 my reputation?

(click on the green band with gold star in the top right corner of this reply!)
> I'd like 2 get a good Rep. so if ppl hav questions, they know they can ask me.. ya know?

thanks alot mate & again, hope this helps ya out!

cheers,

JakeStef

Im Not Rebutting Or Anything But The Gas Is Not Spilling Out Of The Side Of The Bowl, Here Is An Image Of The Exact Carb I Have And What Im Trying To Describe
>>>
MIKUNI-VM22-26mm-Carburetor-Dirt-Pit-Bike.jpg
Im Trying To Describe The Skinny Pink Tube At The bottom Near The Screw At The Bottom Of The Bowl. Gas Leaks From That Tube. I Dont Know If This Is Helpful Or What.

Last edited:
the float level is too high,
see in the pic above, #23 is the float holder/bracket.
the centre, small tab on it needs to be bent upwards a little,
this will stop the fuel from entering the carby earlier, and will stop it overfilling.
before you adjust it, hold the carby up infront of you with the fuel bowl off.
you will see the floats hanging down
with one hand gently lift the floats, and see where they stop.
that little tab i wrote about before, controls the height.
turn the carby upside down and lift the floats uptowards you, while you are holding them up, get a small screwdriver or your finger and push the middle tab back down towards the carby
it will only need to be bent back 2mm or so.
then reassemble it and fill it with fuel, to see if it still leaks.

btw i wouldnt be using any silicon products on your carby.
it will only give you problems later.

when you pull the fuel bowl off the bottom of the carby, make sure you dry the fuel off of the rubber seal straight away.
otherwise the fuel will expand and distort the seal, making it bigger, and harder to refiit into the groove.

what he said, ^^

would also be making sure that your inlet valve is operating correctly, and that it does not have some crap in it. if you had some dirt in your tank it could be holding it open. that valve is the part that the float rests against when you push it all the way up, unscrew it and make sure it moves freely.

you obviously put a bigger carbi on for some reason, you'll find its way to rich ... as other have said get some jets for it, but id advise get at least 6 sizes mostly bellow what is in it currently.

Once you have these jets and start playing around with different one make sure you change the spark plug for a new one and have a couple on hand as it'll be fouling up the plugs if its that rich atm

This Started Happening On My Stock Carb Though, The One That Came With The Bike, And I Measured The Stock Carb And Bought That New Mikuni. I Was Going To get These Jets Mikuni 22mm Jet Kit - Pit Bike Engine Parts - CARBS and JETS - TRC-1370 - TBolt USA, LLC Its A Kit It Tells You What Size It Comes With. Do You Think That That Could Fix It? And When I Ride, The Gas Leaks After I Stop. What i Do I Turn The Petcok Off Then It Stops Leaking Right Away Then I Ride Until Its About To Run Out Of Gas Then I Turn It Back On While Im Riding. Is This Ok? Its Been Working.

yeah,
you could just keep on doing it that way if your happy?

......or you could fix it properly!

Unlikely, but petrol leaking onto hot sufaces is not a good thing.... Truth be known, iv'e had the same thing as you before where the carb kept leaking, tried 3 times to put the gromet back in place b4 i got the irrates, left it leaking and still rode it round all day, came back smelling like peto but didn't catch on fire. To fix the problem i just brough an OKO and havn't had a drama since :)

Latest posts

Back