I Can't Go Fullspeed On My Pitty! Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unlikely, but petrol leaking onto hot sufaces is not a good thing.... Truth be known, iv'e had the same thing as you before where the carb kept leaking, tried 3 times to put the gromet back in place b4 i got the irrates, left it leaking and still rode it round all day, came back smelling like peto but didn't catch on fire. To fix the problem i just brough an OKO and havn't had a drama since :)

Lol I Just Wondered If This Could harm The Bike...But i Guess Not And Quick Question...When Installing The Jets Is There A Certain Way To Turn It? Like Do I Screw It In All The Way And Leave It Or Do I Have To Screw Them Out Some(Main And Pilot Jet)

Screw em all the way in BUT BE CAREFULL I have sexy finger syndrome so therefore everything i touch becomes farrked. Last time i was changing mine i managed to snap the main jet off inside the housing.... so just don't do them up too tight.

stop using CAPITAL letters in every word it makes it very hard to read. I gave up on the first line of your issue.

Screw em all the way in BUT BE CAREFULL I have sexy finger syndrome so therefore everything i touch becomes farrked. Last time i was changing mine i managed to snap the main jet off inside the housing.... so just don't do them up too tight.

Thanks I Did The Same To My Clutch:damnmate:

Hi Mate
I have read through this and I have the exact same problem with my 125. It has a 26mm mikuni on it and I can not give it the berries without it bogging down. I could wind the throttle on slowly and I would it would hit full rpm but hit the throttle hard and she would just die. So after all the mucking around with the carbie and changing jets I tried everything from 15 to 22.5 pilot and 92.5 to 105 main and nothing made a difference the bike had to run very rich to get any sort of performance. Checked for air leaks and fuel leaks and it made no difference.
In the end I spoke to my local bike shop and they said that they sore this all the time with the 26mm mikuni carb. The carb is made for a 160motor not a 125. There suggestion was to go to a 24mm carbie I have one on order and will be throwing it in next week hopefully.
Problem with a 26mm carbie or VM22 is that the opening is so wide that there is a lot of air flowing through so to compensate people go up sizes in jets until the bike is running to rich. obviously by going to a 24mm there is less air so you do not have to push through so much fuel to get the correct air/fuel mixture.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
Dom

Hi Mate
I have read through this and I have the exact same problem with my 125. It has a 26mm mikuni on it and I can not give it the berries without it bogging down. I could wind the throttle on slowly and I would it would hit full rpm but hit the throttle hard and she would just die. So after all the mucking around with the carbie and changing jets I tried everything from 15 to 22.5 pilot and 92.5 to 105 main and nothing made a difference the bike had to run very rich to get any sort of performance. Checked for air leaks and fuel leaks and it made no difference.
In the end I spoke to my local bike shop and they said that they sore this all the time with the 26mm mikuni carb. The carb is made for a 160motor not a 125. There suggestion was to go to a 24mm carbie I have one on order and will be throwing it in next week hopefully.
Problem with a 26mm carbie or VM22 is that the opening is so wide that there is a lot of air flowing through so to compensate people go up sizes in jets until the bike is running to rich. obviously by going to a 24mm there is less air so you do not have to push through so much fuel to get the correct air/fuel mixture.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
Dom

But This Started Happening With My Stock Carb, And Then i Bought A 22m Mikuni Carb. Is This A Different Situation?

Hey mate,

Before I give my advice, I'd just like to point out that you don't need to use a capital letter for the start of every word in your sentence. I know it's probably not intentional, but it just makes it harder and more annoying for us to read. You'll get a much better response from people if you type normally! :)

As for you issues:

- Leaking Fuel
That tube that the fuel is leaking fuel out of is the overflow tube. First of all, check that the screw just above it has been turned in. If this doesn't work, try pulling your carby apart and giving it a good clean, make sure the float is clean and operating normally.

If you check those two things, and it's still leaking, then follow what my67xr said!

- Not being able to go full throttle
As previously mentioned, jetting could be the issue here. Follow as advised, and try moving the e-clip before making any changes. Use trial and error to discover if the e-clip has made any difference.

Also worth noting, check the end of your spark plug - if it is black, you're running too rich (probably going to be the case). If it is white, you're running too lean. If it is a browny colour, you're spot on perfection.

Let us know how you go,
br0die

Hey mate,

Before I give my advice, I'd just like to point out that you don't need to use a capital letter for the start of every word in your sentence. I know it's probably not intentional, but it just makes it harder and more annoying for us to read. You'll get a much better response from people if you type normally! :)

As for you issues:

- Leaking Fuel
That tube that the fuel is leaking fuel out of is the overflow tube. First of all, check that the screw just above it has been turned in. If this doesn't work, try pulling your carby apart and giving it a good clean, make sure the float is clean and operating normally.

If you check those two things, and it's still leaking, then follow what my67xr said!

- Not being able to go full throttle
As previously mentioned, jetting could be the issue here. Follow as advised, and try moving the e-clip before making any changes. Use trial and error to discover if the e-clip has made any difference.

Also worth noting, check the end of your spark plug - if it is black, you're running too rich (probably going to be the case). If it is white, you're running too lean. If it is a browny colour, you're spot on perfection.

Let us know how you go,
br0die

Sorry its a habit i need to break. But is the eclip connected to the throttle cable? and how do i adjust this? And if it is black, could this be the reason why i cant open my throttle all the way for fullspeed?

I Just Looked At My Spark Plug And This Is How It Looks:cursing:

125-1.jpg
[/IMG]

564.jpg
[/IMG]

Do you think that this is the reason for my problem now? It looks like oil is on it. Sorry for the quality.

Sorry mate I must have skipped the bit that said you where leaking from your overflow your float is not adjusted correctly there is no ifs buts about it and that spark plug means rich obviously as stated.

1.When you take off the carbie remove the bowl.

2.Connect your fuel line with a bucket or some thing that can hold the fuel under it so it does not run all over the place.

3. With the fuel flowing through start moving the float up. The fuel should stop running when the float is level with the carbie gasket surface. When you get your float level with the surface and there is still fuel running out it means your float is not adjusted correctly and your fuel level is going to high in the bowl and overflowing. Once it gets to a certain height has no where else to go but through your jets there for running rich.

4. Adjust your float and throw it back on and see how you go.

I hope this helps.
Dom

Sorry mate I must have skipped the bit that said you where leaking from your overflow your float is not adjusted correctly there is no ifs buts about it and that spark plug means rich obviously as stated.

1.When you take off the carbie remove the bowl.

2.Connect your fuel line with a bucket or some thing that can hold the fuel under it so it does not run all over the place.

3. With the fuel flowing through start moving the float up. The fuel should stop running when the float is level with the carbie gasket surface. When you get your float level with the surface and there is still fuel running out it means your float is not adjusted correctly and your fuel level is going to high in the bowl and overflowing. Once it gets to a certain height has no where else to go but through your jets there for running rich.

4. Adjust your float and throw it back on and see how you go.

I hope this helps.
Dom

How Exactly Do You Adjust Your Floats?

Gotta bend the little tab (IN THE MIDDLE) upwards a tiny bit, This will lower the float level, You may have a stuffed (not closing properly) needle & seat (part number 34)>

Part number 23 is the part to adjust, You can simply blow air into the fuel hose down to the carby and feel when the needle & seat is closing to check that it is actually closing?
vm_26-44mm.gif

Gotta bend the little tab (IN THE MIDDLE) upwards a tiny bit, This will lower the float level, You may have a stuffed (not closing properly) needle & seat (part number 34)>

Part number 23 is the part to adjust, You can simply blow air into the fuel hose down to the carby and feel when the needle & seat is closing to check that it is actually closing?
vm_26-44mm.gif

Ill Try it out as soon as i get that last screw thats stuck in my carb bowl:frustrated:

vm_26-44mm.gif

Great parts diagram.
THISGUY if you look at the partrs diagram you will see number 23. If you look at the diagram it has a little tab in the centre. This tab holds your needle. By carefully bending this tab closer to the seat or needle jet you restrict how much fuel goes into the carbie. Pretty simple really.
As THUMPINOZ said you could have a stuffed needle and seat that does not close. Try what he said and report back and we can go from there.

One more thing have valve clearances been set correctly?

Great parts diagram.
THISGUY if you look at the partrs diagram you will see number 23. If you look at the diagram it has a little tab in the centre. This tab holds your needle. By carefully bending this tab closer to the seat or needle jet you restrict how much fuel goes into the carbie. Pretty simple really.
As THUMPINOZ said you could have a stuffed needle and seat that does not close. Try what he said and report back and we can go from there.
Ok Will Do

Latest posts

Back