i cracked my yx160 center caseing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playajai

Reaction score
hi i am after some help as i kicked my bike over today and my center casing cracked and leaking oil any links on were to get cheap casing's also can i use liquard steel any help would be great

For that price i wouldnt go with any type of band aid repair incase it dont hold and you have to do it over.

if i replace it with the stronger replacing case will it ever crack again

it still can but far less chances.. it will more than likely be an ignition problem..
is this running an IRK or factory yx outer rotor?

by the way how old is this engine? chances are it already has the upgraded case..

im not sure i bought it of here its the dirtmax one and sean 01 how can i till if its the outer rotor kit cause its not the inner and how can i stop it from crcking in the future

the yx outer rotor kit looks the same as the lifan outer rotor but the yx is non-adjustable and runs a crazy advance curve.. it will also more than likely run the normal style cdi box (small black box)

pretty typical for dirtmax engines to do this.
i have 2 of them in my shed with dead cases..

ok thx sean01 how good and how long will the replacement case last

and one more question if i buy the AUTO DE-COMP RACE CAM DHZ D25 Grind GPX YX 150 160cc
[ENP-43] the one at dhz will the case have more chances cracking with that or will it make it better

and one more question if i buy the AUTO DE-COMP RACE CAM DHZ D25 Grind GPX YX 150 160cc
[ENP-43] the one at dhz will the case have more chances cracking with that or will it make it better

ok thx sean01 how good and how long will the replacement case last

will be as good or better than when your engine was new..
how long will the replacement case last? how long is a piece of string!!
it all depends how the engine is setup and kicked. (carby tune and ignition setup is most critical)

de-comp cam will help with starting it as you can kick it harder so its more inclined to start first pop.
but its not going to get rid of the kick back. only the engine tune can

Latest posts

Back