I got my Crf50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killswitch_

Reaction score
Hey guys i got my Crf 50 today it is an 05 picked up for $1195 i was rinding it around my backyard i dont have lots of land so when i ride i leave it in 3rd gear will that stuff up my gearbox and also if i am in first hit the trottle down will it pop a mono that not what i wanna do yet

Thanks Anth

Last edited:
nah cruisin in third wont stuff ya gear box up and its a honda and their indestructable. and for the popping monos in first try using less gas when you let the cluth out or let the cluth out slowly. post sum pics of it up

they don't have a clutch mate, there a semi auto.

Last edited:
its not good for it just doing that ,use the gears mate thats why their there.The crf50 will NOT just bust up on ya like a 250 2 dinga its built for kids not pros so the power is mellow and has no severe power hits install stock so just ride out the gears

the reson i dont use gears because i be gearing up and dont every 30 seconds but when i take it to my beachhouse i have heaps of room so i will use the gears there

Thanks Anth

I wouldn't restrict the bike to one gear, use all ya gears mate

The only thing it will do is be harder on the clutch... and although it will feel fine because it's centrifugal making the clutch release seem perfect it will make it work harder.

yes mate constantly labouring it in top gear at VERY VERY low revs in tight area will do it not good. it would be fine if you are riding around and not stressing the engine and staying at a constant pace

Generally, the bike will preffer you to use all of the gears. Honda engines are well designed and are known as "indistructable" but revving too low or too high won't do any favors. I'd recommend using every gear, but as people have mentioned, CRF50's are not designed for an adult! Once you spend a few thousand dollars on suspension, working the engine and so on it is very capable of flying with adults on them.
Cheers.

If you're running it in dont leave it one gear. I remember someone at a shop telling me that going slow in a high gear is bad for your engine, not sure about it though.

Ok guys thanks for the replys see i know what you guys mean but most people who live in metropolitan areas you know that you dont have mutch land to ride in and when you are going from the front of your house to the back it would be a pain to change gears all the time because by the time you get in to 3rd you have to go back in to 1st you know what i mean

Thanks Anth

Here some pics of it it has few scratchs of the plastics and a few on the bike but all round is a good bike i payed $1194 its a 05 just gave it a clean i will get some more pics tommorow outside

S3010022-1.jpg

S3010026-1.jpg

S3010024-1.jpg

What are you gonna replace first? And what mods are you planning?

bar kit it , always the first mod. then fork leg kit ,then from there on such as rear spring ,seat ,footpegs ,dohc kits

Hey guys thats for the replys i will start moding soon when got some more cash this is what i what my bike to look like, How much would you guys think it would cost to do somthing like that
sik50.jpg

Now, I'm no CRF50 expert, but i would say...ALOT.
Those forks look like they'd cost more than my mso..
The graphics look insane, good luck!
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back